cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete unsucccesful messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have found a lot of threads and some documentation regarding this issue but couldn't get a clear picture.

rsxmb_delete_messages will deleted all successfully processed messages.

To delete unsuccessful messages sdn says rsxmb_cancel_messages should be executed to manually cancel messages and again executing rsxmb_delete_messages will delete those messages canceled by above program but they are not deleted .

I have also seen SAP note 372388 which says about admin settings.

Can anyone tell me if i delete entries at SXMSPERROR,SXMSCLUR,SXMSPFRAWH,SXMSPHIST,SXMSPMAST will it effect any IR or ID or SLD objects.

Also is there any standard program which will help me do this.

Please help in this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Unsuccessful messages can be deleted directly from MONI.

run SXI_monitor and fill the filter for messages.

Then execute for the error messages.

now you can directly select all the messages and cancell all manually.

similar thinng can be done in adapter engine.

>>>Can anyone tell me if i delete entries at SXMSPERROR,SXMSCLUR,SXMSPFRAWH,SXMSPHIST,SXMSPMAST will it effect any IR or ID or SLD objects.

this will not affect

Kindly reward points if useful

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subject Edited: h6.Not able to delete entries in integration engine related tables using stand

HI,

After cancelling the unsuccessful messages the cancelled messages are still persisting in backend database ,also there are around 1 lakh records in sxmspmast table and and our basis team suggested to clear the entries in these tables.

When i tried to manually cancel only 18 messages were cancelled

and after running the rxmb_delete_messages even these 18 cancelled manually messages are not being deleted.

Can you please suggest anything else on this issue please.

Regards,

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

just have a look into this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/41/b714f55ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/frameset.htm

you can try this also to archive or to delete the entries.

Also in sap note i have something for you

Troubleshooting Archiving / Deletion of XML messages and history entries in the Integration Server

Note: Only messages in a final status can be deleted / archived. Messages with errors have to be cancelled first. After that these cancelled messages can only be archived and will not be deleted!

a) Check if the deletion and archiving jobs have been carried out. Enter transaction SM37 and search for

- SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<client> (Deletion job for XML messages)

- SAP_BC_XMB_HIST_DELETE_<client> (Deletion job for history entries)

- ARV_BC_XMB_WRP<date> (archiving, step 1)

- ARV_BC_XMB_DEL<date> (archiving, step 2)

Alternatively, for deletion of XML messages and history entries, you can enter transaction SXMB_ADM -> Schedule Deletion Jobs and use the button "Jobs".

For archiving jobs, you can alternatively use transaction SXMB_ADM -> Schedule archiving job and use the button "Job Overview". Please note that you will select the prejobs only, i. e. the jobs that plan the final job. You will not find the final archiving jobs.

Note: All these jobs are also relevant for applications systems connected via ABAP proxies and should be scheduled on these systems as well!

b) Check the successful execution of these jobs. To get a first overview you can use SXMB_MONI -> Job Overview. In case of errors please use the job log of each of the jobs listed in step 1) for errors (use transaction SM37).

c) Only for archiving: Use the overview of your archiving sessions to check if all archiving sessions are completed. To do so, start transaction SXMB_ADM -> Schedule Archiving Job. In there use button "Archive Management" and select the Object Name "BC_XMB" (it is selected by default). Then select the button "Management".

d) Only for archiving: to get an overview over the situation for your archiving run transaction SXMB_ADM -> Schedule Archiving Job -> Archive Management -> Management.

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja

Try using transaction SXMB_ADM --> Schedule/Delete Jobs.

in sxmb_adm u can schedule the jobs for archiving and deleting.

check this link...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm

Can anyone tell me if i delete entries at SXMSPERROR,SXMSCLUR,SXMSPFRAWH,SXMSPHIST,SXMSPMAST will it effect any IR or ID or SLD objects.

RThis will not affect your IR and ID objects

Also you can run a program to delete message from ABAP table

regards

sandeep

if helpful reward points

Edited by: sandeep sharma on Apr 17, 2008 6:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the note 872388.

I think this will help you out and solve your problem.

Thanks.