cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Master data centrally thru Visual composer( as callable object)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i want to create the master data centrally thru visual composer in portal.can you please suggest the sequential steps then how to acheive this in portal??

is it possible to create a webservice which access the Master data and then we will access the same in Visual composer thru interface??

can please reply what are the different alternatives are there in this creating master data centrally in visual composer other than webservice and all??

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

As per my knowledge i will give you one of the way how to solve your problem

Your front end is Visual composer as there is no coding you will do at this end so you can not use java api to update the data into MDM .in MDM we have ABAP and java API to connect MDM from the external applications

What my suggesion is see VC is highly flexible with communicating with R/3,So first you send the data to R/3 system and later in the R/3 system create a structure for your data using IDOC concept.Then in MDM you can import this structure easily .Then through import manager you can fetch the data which is in R/3 (using the IDOC structures).

Hope that this information helps you.

Regards

Kalyan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

VC Supports the webservices but it requires to use java or .net languages.So create an application first to connect MDM and update the data with required fields.Then convert the java class into webservices and use this in VC.But its a tidious process involves so many configurations and involves land scales,need to be a java and webservice expertise.What the best the above solution i have given is very flexible,need configurations at MDM and R/3 level thats it.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kalyan

Thanks for ur suggestion which u come up the alternatives b/w VC and MDM to update the data in MDM system.

can you please send any documentation or any PDfs those are availbale with you then it is great help to us.

Thanks

Regards

Sunil