cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPROXY connection to PI Service repository from a diff landscape -- URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to generate ABAP proxy in ECC system residing on a sandbox environment for Interface available in PI Integration repository residing on QA landscape. In another words, i want to generate ABAP proxy for QA PI interface in Sanbox ECC system.

ECC system Proxy generation tool (tcode SPROXY) uses RFC destination LCRSAPRFC to connect to the respective XI system and reads some exchange profile parameters to find the Integration repository address to connect to.

The RFC destination LCRSAPRFC in Sandbox ECC system is configured to connect to QA PI system gateway host but while trying to connect i get the following error

Connection Error

Error when opening an RFC connection

ERROR: SAP gateway connection failed. Is SAP gateway started?

COMPONENT: CPIC

COUNTER: 118

RETURN CODE: 236

seems like port is not open between Sandbox ECC and QA PI system, is there anyway to get around this without opening required port?

I will appreciate any ideas - this is really urgent for us.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ranjit_deshmukh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The connection you are talking about is a connection to SLD

please refer:

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

which mentions about other settings as well, have you done all those?

Ranjit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved my problem - had to create SAP_PROXY_ESR RFC connection of type G to be able to connect ECC SPROXY to IR of XI system that sits ona different landscape. Since I had no RFC port open between these two, i made it work using HTTP Ports between two systems.

Thanks everyone for responding,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to generate Server ABAP Proxy in the ECC system that is on a different landscape than the PI system.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the pointers, but unfortunately my problem is little different. I want to know that is it possible to generate abap proxies on ECC system for an interface created on XI system when a port from ECC to XI system is not open. I guess that is the reason i am getting the error i am getting, is there anyway to get around this?

Thanks all for your replies,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u r going to generate a client ABAP proxy in the ECC,

get the WSDL for the XI message interface,

in the ECC system, in SE80 u can generate a proxy from a WSDL file (stored locally)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I know a bit of the scenario, but not complete picture.

If you run SLDCHECK, the following three RFCs will be executed, please double check you set all them up correctly:

SAPAPICUST - Connection to SLD

SAPSLDAPI - Functionality for SLD

LCRSAPRFC - Get Exchange Profile date

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

execute tcode SPROXY,

Goto-->Connection Test

also

do a SLDCHECK, in ur ECC system and read the output cacrefully, it may give u a hint...whats going wrong