cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

common dist ch and div

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now a customer is a Wholesaler and is maintained in dist channel 10 for a set of products ie for division 10 and he is also a retailer for same company maintained under Dist channel 20 and for a set of products ie for division 20 and the question where i have 5 more sales area in this company and when i maintain common distr channel and division for this customer will he be given acess to other sales area which is not allowed for him to buy under

At times i get confused with this consept

Clarify Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you are creating a commo dis chan say 00 and refer the rest of the dis channel to this and create / extend that customer to 00 ie then he can buy the products mentioned on all those dis channels. and if you do not want any customer of 10 or 20 to buy other dis channel products then dont refer these to 00. Otherway would be since customer can buy 10, 20 create another common dis cha, 01. Make 10 and 20 refer it, create /extend customers to 01. In this case also the customer cannot buy the rest of 5 dis chan products.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for efforts to you both but i still have a doubt regarding assignment to common dist and div .What may be the real usage of it other than reducing the multiplication of Master data. Do u guys see any other use apart form the above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the main purpose however is to reduce duplication of master data maintainence other words to say simplication or sharing of master data.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sadhu

one small doubt

here in this case when we use common dist channel and div for different sales area of the customer only thing we need to maintain differently is Sales Area Data which is not common for all other areas ....Is this OK ....or am i need to know something else

Edited by: arnoldsw sw on Apr 22, 2008 7:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are right, however to avoide all confusion better take it as, you need to define all sales area. And when you deffine one sales area which is common for others, you don't have to define those sales areas.

Now again you need to define other sales areas which doesn't come under the scope of common dist chn and div.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Go through this link it will help you to have some clarification on Usage of Common distribution channels and divisions.

Based on this you can take decision on to maintain the common channels and divisions or not.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/53/c98659ca3711d2b494006094b9114a/content.htm

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.