cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truncate or Shrink the Log for the SBO-COMMON database in Business One.

emendez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!!

I need to know if it's safe to either truncate or shrink the Log file for the SBO-COMMON database. I kow all recovery trail will be lost, but that doesn't matter much, since I'm planning to switch from "full recovery" to "simple" recovery model. The database is backed up on a daily basis, so only the last back up of the databse is relevant.

In notes 625546, 783183 and 548772 SAP clearly states that truncating or shrinking a production database is a safe procedure, but what about the SBO-COMMON? I guess one can follow the same rationale as in the production databases, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any valuable help.

Emilio Méndez.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

emendez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Many thanks to David and Clas. Finally, I got official word from SAP: it's the same answer you provided: the procedure is perfectly safe.

Once again, thanks to all.

Emilio.

clas_hortien
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

shrinking a log will not affect in any way the recovery possibilities of the database and can be done at any time.

If you switch to simple mode the log will get truncated anyway, so you don't have to do it manually. Btw, in SQL 2008 there is no truncate log option anymore. You have to switch to simple mode to get the log truncated.

Regards

Clas

Nussi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emilio,

shrinking the SBO-Common Log is safe.

i did it many times and never faced any problems.

regards

David