cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLM Authentication dosent work with XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have configured soap receiver adapter for the user authentication and url with HTTPS.

I checked in some blogs and found that XI dosent support NTLM authentication. Can somebody suggest how to work around with this authentication ?

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I found by using Axis Framework in the Soap adapter i can use the NTLM authentication. can somebody help me where can i download the following jar files and how to create a sda file out of these jar files

To use the Axis framework in the SOAP adapter, you must compress the following Axis JAR files, version 1.4, in aii_af_axisprovider.sda:

○ axis.jar

○ commons-discovery-0.2.jar

○ commons-logging-1.0.4.jar

○ commons-net-1.0.0-dev.jar

○ wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I found a SAP OSS note

Note 1028961 - How to prepare axisproviderlib.sda for Adapter Framework

I am using this note to create the sda file and i will update with the results.

any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

You are almost done with the easy part......so you download the right version of the jars..and update the sda.

Then you need to write a custom handler to implement that authentication and both these need to be deployed to xi..then accessed as module bean from ur communiation channel...

Hope that helps

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have updated the .sda file and i need to deploy it using the sdm.

Then you need to write a custom handler to implement that authentication and both these need to be deployed to xi..then accessed as module bean from ur communiation channel...

Do i need to develop any adapter modules for this ?

I thought i need to just configure the soap receiver adapter as giving the url HTTPS and selecting the authentication method as NTLM and enter the user and pw and confirm.

I dont understand of writing the custom handlers, can you explain more about that and how can i acheive that.

Ravi i saw many blogs with your name for custom handlers, i think you have worked a lot in this area and do u have any documentation regarding this ?

any help would be really appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Edited by: srinivas kapu on Apr 14, 2008 3:51 PM

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Your plan was to create the sda, deploy it and ..use ntlm authentication inside it..How would you define the userid/password combo, or you have to have a method that retrieves this from the os dynamically and checks it..how..or you need to add that to the handler..while creating your message right..thats where the handler comes in.

yeap you need an adapter module extension..try looking at plain old xslt mappings..and ntlm..might help your reduce work..;)

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am facing the problem as below during deploying

========

1) Error loading archive

C:\Documents and Settings\x10adm\Desktop\aii_af_axisprovider.sda

(server side name is: D:\usr\sap\X10\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program\temp\aii_af_axisprovider.sda)

com.sap.sdm.util.sduread.IllFormattedSduFileException: The information about the development component found in the manifest is either missing or incomplete!

Manifest attributes are missing or have badly formatted value:

attribute keylocation is missing

attribute keyname is missing

attribute keyvendor is missing

attribute keycounter is missing

(D:\usr\sap\X10\DVEBMGS01\SDM\program\temp\aii_af_axisprovider.sda)

-

Do i need to add these attributes manually ? any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

How did you add the jars to the sda...did you also check that you had the right versions ?

did you follow the note, i followed the note and updating and deploying the sda was the easy part..!

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

How to check for the right versions ? I have unzipped the sda file and added the new jars by replacing with the empty files and can you plz explain how to check for the right versions.

I have taken the jar files from axis-src-1_4. Is it the right version or i need to take the jar files from other source ?

Thanks,

Srini

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are the versions you should have..

axis.jar

commons-discovery-0.2.jar

commons-logging-1.0.4.jar

commons-net-1.0.0-dev.jar

wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar

how did you add them..did you open them in winzip and add...do you see a size difference..

create a folder test, add this zip to it, open the sda with winzip, add the jars then change the file system to read only..then save the file..see if you get an error as the manifest has to be updated with the values for the new jars..if you get an error that means its trying to write it..then give 777 perms and update sda....then try deploying again....as i wasnt sure if manifest was being updated.....and deploy was failing.

hope that helps.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am working this and i will upadte the thread with the results

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I was able to deploy successfully with your instructions and can you plz explain the next steps to carry out for the NTLM authentication to work.

I appreciate your help

Thanks,

Srini

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You now need a handler where you will recieve the msg add the appropriate authentication to it and send it out, this handlerBean will be called before the soapAdapterBean...

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

In the soap axis adapter there is an option for the NTLM, i have checked that option and given the user name and pw. Does this take care of forwarding the user id and pw or do i need to do it in handlers ?

I see 5 modules under the Module tab and those dosent take care of forwarding the messages ?

Do u have any sample code for developin the handlers ?

Can you explain little bit more what is the purpouse of handlers here ?

I appreciate your help and effort.

Thanks,

Srini

Answers (0)