Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle Bulk Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to remove several roles from several dozen users. What would be best option for me in order to achieve this goal?

I tried to use SU10 in one of development environment it does remove the profile from users but not the role – (in other words it does restrict the access by removing profiles from users but when I run the reports Users are still associated with roles.

- In SU10 I did select option – remove role (on role tab) and – remove profile (on remove profile tab).

Please advise it is kind a urgent and I need to remove roles ASAP.

Regards,

Imran

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

write a catt (or ecatt, possibly LSMW) script to remove the roles from the users 1 by 1 in SU10.

As you are using SU10 you will need to include the start/end dates for the roles - you can get this from AGR_USERS.

If you've not scripted before then it might be faster to do it manually - especially of you remove the users via the users tab on the role and run a user compare afterwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SU10 should do this. Just make sure you check the 'remove' and 'change' options on the roles tab

Dave

0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I've found that at times SU10 can have variable results when removing roles with different start dates. Hopefully this isn't the case with the original poster and they can just use SU10 like you recommended & save a whole load of time!

0 Kudos

It is usually the start dates that cause an issue so just change your start date to something that is much earlier than even your implementation date - this will capture everything.

Also, when you select remove on the role tab, it will still default with add on the profile tab, so make sure you change it to remove on the profile tab.

0 Kudos

Just adding to JC....

You can run a SU10 to first ADD the roles for the selected users. This would be role by role. Give a start date of impossible, before your system was built, give an end date of 12/31/9999.

Run PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES for the selected users to change the effective dates of the roles you have assigned. The UMR's will have only one entry for that role now, start date(impossible date) and end-date 12/31/9999.

Run a SU10 again... OLA! You can now use SU10 for your new start and end-dates to remove roles. Just make sure you select the remove checkbox in the profiles tab too .

Thank you

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Thanks - Every thing under control - I am using start date as pre implementation date ...every thing works like charm ...!!

All - Thanks a bunch .....

0 Kudos

Good point, thank for reminding me Alex. We have HR now and I have not used SU10 for mass role removal for some time. We recently discovered another way to remove position from roles via eCATT and PP02 if anyones interested.

Thank

Dave