Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to create a simple wbs validation (OPSI) that states:

If the project profile does not equal 'YWCPP02' OR 'YWCPP05' and neiter have accounting element checked, then check to see if investment measure is equal to 'ZWC001'.

This is what I have but it does not seem to be working:

Prerequisite: PROJ-PROFL <> 'YWCPP02' AND PRPS-BELKZ = 'X' OR PROJ-PROFL <> 'YWCPP05'

AND PRPS-BELKZ = 'X'

Check: PRPS-IMPRF <> 'ZWC001'

The prereq works when I use either YWCPP02 or YWCPP05 but not both in the same prereq. Any ideas? Is the formula incorrect?

Thanks,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could be better like

PROJ-PROFL = 'YWCPP02' OR PROJ-PROFL 'YWCPP05' AND PRPS-BELKZ = 'X'

Check: PRPS-IMPRF = 'ZWC001'

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/34/70277e06b611d3b4370060941936fa/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Sridhar. The "does not equal" carrats did not appear in my original note. Again, here is what we have currently:

Prereq: PROJ-PROFL (does not equal carrats) 'YWCPP02' AND PRPS-BELKZ = 'X'

I just created YWCPP05 and wanted to add it to the validation that already exists and thought of :

Prereq: PROJ-PROFL (does not equal carrats) 'YWCPP02' AND PRPS-BELKZ = 'X' OR PROJ-PROFL (does not equal carrats) 'YWCPP05' AND PRPS-BELKZ = 'X'

Hope that helps out more

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry, that should have been like this

PROJ-PROFL does not equal symbol 'YWCPP02' OR PROJ-PROFL does not equal symbol 'YWCPP05' AND PRPS-BELKZ = 'X'

Somehow the greater than symbol or less than symbol does not appear even when you enter in this forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the formula that you presented but used the not equal carrats and it still did not work. I'm planning just to state which templates it should equal rather than not equal.

Thanks for the assistance. Points awarded.