cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup tables in Taxonomy tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in a process of creating Taxonomy tables for generation of Product catalog.

I have a question here, many of nodes in the taxonomy table are lookup tables in other systems.

Is it possible to add lookup tables in Taxonomy table?

How?

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Q) Is it possible to add lookup tables in Taxonomy table?

A) Yes, you can add an lookup table to an taxonomy table; its the general process; first create an lookup table with your required sturcture, and then create a lookup field in taxonomy table;

But working with it wont be same; when you add data to the lookup table; you have dont find it in taxonomy mode;

In record mode you have to assign values to this lookup fields and link the corresponding taxonomy table default feild to the attributes.

Then once you go into the main table the sceanrio will be clear for you. Try it out; it will be a confusing task; but once you have done enough work on it; you will understand it better.

Regards,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Yes it is possible to add a field of type Look[flat] in the Taxonomy table.And for creating nodes Select the taxonomy table from the drop down list from the Record Mode itself and there you can make the entries in the taxonomy table.Your lookup field will show you drop down list as that of normal look up field.And the entries you had created here will able as a node in the taxonomy table i.e. in Taxonomy mode.

Reward if found useful

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja