cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM component and PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to test how the system will react, by allowing me to PGI if I short confirm a BOM component. So if I confirm the mouse for 2 pieces instead of 3, would it allow me to PGI and invoice.

eg. sales order for:

Item 10 pc x 3

Item 20 keyboard x 3

Item 30 mouse x 3

But confirm the delivery for:

Item 10 pc x 3

Item 20 keyboard x 3

Item 30 mouse x 2

Can anyone assist me in the process. We have Warehouse Management running so TO are part of the process.

I'm not sure of the process exactly, so here goes:

Create SO > Create Delivery doc > change Item 30 to quantity 3 in del'y doc. > create TO.

Once the TO is completed ( pick & transfer) then PGI. If PGI is completed then create the invoice.

Any assistance please?

Rgds

TV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The delivery group control is in the configuration of the Item Category - BOM configuration. If you select/check 'create delivery group', automatically all the items in the sales order will be created with a delivery group. This can be observed in the sales order also. You can uncheck that specific subitem in the order for that delivery group and try to create the delivery with less quantity for that sub item. Then the delivery should take place.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

If you want to do PGI for 2 pcs instead of 3 pcs for a BOM component, then the system will allow to do and will do PGI for that quanitity.

If you have warehouse management then the process will follow as follow

Normally Picking can be donw in two ways

1. Manual Picking

When you dont have warehouse management, then in changemode of delivery, you maintain quanitiy in Picking field, in Pick tab in delivery.

And the picking quanity should not be greater than delivery qunaitity.

2. Automatic Picking

If you have warehouse management, then you cant do manual picking. You have to do pikcing using TO.

Process is as follows

1. Create Sales Order (VA01)

2. Create Delivery (VL01N) or (in sales order change mode, goto Sales Document -> Deliver)

Here the selection date should be req. delivery date of your sales order.

If you can go in change mode of delivery and see the Pick tab, pick quanity will be grayed out. that means you cant give the pick qty manually for this you have to create TO.

For BOM Material, Header component will not be reflected in the Delivery, Only sub components can be reflected in the delivery. As header component is not relevent of Picking. So, If you have only limited qunaity available for a req. del. date say 2 pces instead of 3 pcs, only that qty is picked in transfer Order.

3. Create Tranfer Order (TO) (LT03 or goto change mode of Delivery, click on Subsequent Function -> Create T.O.)

4. subsequently you can confirm the Transfer Order (LT03, goto Transfer Order -> click on Confirm -> Transfer Order)

Now Pickng is done.

5. Now do PGI, change mode of delivery (VL02N) click on Post Goods Issue.

Now for your delivery PGI is done, and what ever the qty is picked in that delivery, that can be done for PGI.

6. Create Invoice (VF01 or VF04)

Hope this clear.

Reward if helpful.

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

thanks for that. You confirmed parts of the test process I did. I tried to short confirm the one BOM subitem, but the system will not allow me to pgi.

Upon checking the system config., there are some settings in the system to prevent any partial deliveries from taking place with BOMs. There is a message that appears when trying to confirm the changed quantity. "Item 000050 belongs to delivery group 001". This restriction is handled by a delivery group for the BOM main item, with my item category ZZOM. For this item category the flag is ticked for 'create delivery group'. The delivery group is used to indicate that all the subitems must be delivered together, so the BOM must be delivered as a group. If it's not it will not allow me to PGI and there will be a error displayed in the error logs, on the lines of ' delivery has not been completely processed by WM' and in the document flow the TO will remain in the status as open. Also in the sales order under the shipping tab I've notice that for the subitems the indicator is set B - Create only one delivery. So I guess in WM I would be able to PGI but not in SD.

Regards

Tony