Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error messages Sap gui 7.1 pl 6 and 7 + guixt

adecesare
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a problem with SAP GUI 7.10 PL 6 and 7 in combination with GUIXT 2008-Q2-1. When the user is starting a transaction that is combined with GUIXT, they are getting mostly three error messages:

Message 1:

"Not enough memory - please increase virtual memory (get memory:length=25728 file=C:\Source\grilb\..\grlib\smtable.cpp line=13)"

Message 2:

"Not enough memory for internal table (table name=cntl occu=32 leng=804)"

Message 3:

"PRD: maximum work process hold time execeeded"

The problems occur since patch level 6. We tried somes solutions:

Solution 1:

Install the newest version of GUIXT, no results.

Solution 2:

Upgrade SAP GUI with patch level 7, no results.

Solution 3:

Uninstall SAP GUI 7.1 PL 7 and reinstall an older version of SAP GUI 7.1 PL3, the problem is solved.

Can someone tell me what these error messages mean and if there has been a bug in SAP GUI 7.10 patch level 6 and 7?

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been getting the same error. I did my inital SAPGUI 7.10 install with patch level 6. 7 has not resolved it either. Glad to see that there are others having the same issue I will try dropping down to 3 as well and see how it goes.

Steve

gerhard_rod
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Steve, hi A. de Cesare,

we are currently trying to solve this issue, and the following info would be helpful for us:

- Did you already try SAP GUI 7.10 PL8 with current GuiXT version 2008 Q3 1?

- Do you have the "InputAssistant" component active as well?

Thnaks,

Gerhard

0 Kudos

Hi,

Was there any resolution to this? We have scattered reports of this occuring in our newly upgraded system as well.

ECC 6, sapgui 710 pl6, guixt 2008.3.3.0

thanks,

Matt

gerhard_rod
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I do not know whether A. De Cesare and Steve Wojnicki still see this issue in their installations. In my comment above I suggested to use a higher SAP GUI patch level (PL8 or above).

We (Synactive) could not yet find out what is causing this problem; a couple of installations reported it in the past. What we found out is that

- the error occurs with SAP GUI 7.10 PL6 and PL7, but never occured in earlier patch levels or in later patch levels

- it occurs on certain PCs only, but we do not know what differentiates those PCs from others that run the same application+scripts without problems

Gerhard