cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content dependent message-mapping

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have an interface who delivers 7 different XML files to the same location. I need different XSL mapping depending on the content of the files. I can define an XPATH expression who tells me which file I have received.

But how do I define the mapping depending of the file contens??

/Jakob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

are you using xsl mappings or graphical mappings? If you use xsl mappings you can extend use your XPATH expression to access different XSL Templates. Each of this templates contains one of yous mappings...

Hope this helps...

Thomas

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i use XSL mappings, but i´m not so experienced in the XSL stuff. Maybee the template stuff is a good idea?.

But on the other hand i could have a case where i - dependent on the content - uses XSL or maybee ABAP mapping!

/Jakob

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The template stuff is perfekt! Thank you for responding...

/Jakob

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use some condition in interface determination and can use multiple mapping based on your condition.

There is + on Interface determination toolbar.

When you press that you will condition editor. Based on your condition choose your mapping program and proceed.

I hope it will help.

Regards,

satish

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes but in the Interface determination, condition replies to the receiver service. And the service is the same. It´s only the mapping who differs...

/Jakob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

You can have one reciever determination with multiple interface determination which in turn use mapping programs.

You dont require any condition for reciever determination as your target is always one.

Using templates is a better Idea, cause you always generate a target structure going to reciever and generate templte based on your condition.

Regards,

Satish