cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI scenario for Local PO - Email to be sent to SC requester

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running on SRM 5.0 (Standalone scenario).We are sending the local PO to the vendor system thorugh XI(SRM>XI>Vendor system).

My reqt is when the PO is sent to the vendor system,a response/message is sent to XI that the PO has been delivered to the Vendor(target) system.At this event(When the message of delivery is recieved in XI),I need to send an email to the Shopping cart requester/creator in SRM stating that "PO has been sent to the vendor".

Can anyone please suggest how this can be done?Is there any std provision in XI for sending an email at the time of successful delivery of the doc/data to the target system?

Any inputs/help will be appreciated and rewarded!

BR,

SRM Tech.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

No there is no response from the vendor system.Its just that when the doc(PO) is sent to the vendor system,we need to send an email to the SC requester stating that the PO was submitted to the vendor.Since XI will recieve a success meessage after the succesful delivery of the doc (PO) to the vendor/target system,I wanted to know from there how can we determine the details of the SCrequester(mainly the Email ID) as we will be having only the PO no(that too in the XML format i guess in the XI success message).Any idea how this can be done???

Regards,

SRM tech

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would use BBP_ALERTING BADI when PO is sent. I think it is triggered when sending a PO. XML message may fail in XI or Supplier side after the email is sent. I guess this kind of notification mail to requester is just a notification and no follow-up action is required. It is not big process change receiving a notification mail when SRM sent PO or Supplier received the XML.

XI has BPM function. You can implement some process after PO XML message.

Regards,

Masa

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I understand, you are sending message to the vendor system via http post service. In the same service you are waiting for OK from vendor system. This is sychronized event, so you should have complete PO still in the pipeline. Requestor name should also be inside.

What I would do, is service which will check (via BAPI) user data, find e-mail, and with mail service in XI send Ok mesage to the requestor.

HTH

Gordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordan,

You are right.I know there is the MAIL service in XI which can send a mail to a user /group of users...But the problem is I already need to configure the email ID's for these users (to whom the mail is to be sent) in XI for this.But in my case ,the email ID's will be dynamic as each SC will be created by a different user.

So as you said in the first part of your reply,I need to find a service which will each time check the SC User data and then send the mail to that particular user as soon as the OK message is recieved in XI from the Vendor system on the reciept of PO doc.Can you tell me where can I find all the services which are available in the XI ??

BR,

SRM tech.

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is something that you need to ask in XI forum.

I will try to use BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL with SY-UNAME(from PO) and try to find end user email.

Gordan

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does vendor send back a PO Response ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordan,

Thanks for the reply.I have also put up this query on the XI forum but just wanted to get inputs from the users on this FORUM to get info on the SRM side developments for this reqt(whether any BADI available which can be used) or if anyone has worked on similar reqts for SRM-XI integration.

BR,

SRM Tech.

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think that it is much better that you ask this question in XI forum.

From my experience with SAP Business Connector I am positive that you can have service in XI which will send mail to the end user after receiving of the order confirmation.

Gordan