cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

illegal dependency error while adding used DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to develop a custom web dynpro in NWDI environment. I am trying to add used DC in the new project like these two. 1. pcui_gp/xssfpm and 2.pcui_gp/xssutils

I am getting the error message like the below.

illegal dependency: the compartment domain.com_SAPMSSCC_1 of DC domain.com/testbsp(domain.com_SAPMSSCC_1) must explicitly use compartment sap.com_SAPPCUI_GP_1 of DC

Can any one help me what could be the reason and how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Padman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padman,

First please check if the SC level dependency is maintained. And then check the DC level dependency in the dcdef files.

Please note

1. The DC whis is being used should be exposed as public part

2. The using DC shoud explicitly mention its decpendency on the used DC in its dcdef file.

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshatha,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please write with more information? We have maintaining the dependency.

I am not getting these...

And then check the DC level dependency in the dcdef files.

Please note

1. The DC whis is being used should be exposed as public part

2. The using DC shoud explicitly mention its decpendency on the used DC in its dcdef file.

Can you write me step by step for this?

Thanks,

Padman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmanaban,

Lets say you have two SC's SC A and SC B. I f you want to use DC's in SC B in SC A then you need decalre dependency in SC a for SC B. Other wise you will get Ilegal usuage exception. I think you are working on ESS &MSS stuff right.

Regards

Praveen

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Padmanaban,

> Lets say you have two SC's SC A and SC B. I f you want to use DC's in SC B in SC A then you need decalre dependency in SC a for SC B. Other wise you will get Ilegal usuage exception.

Just wanted to add that the usage dependency between the two SCs is added in the SLD

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We managed this issue. We have created a project from ESS/MSS Active DC's and from Local DC...we did Sync sources...then selected the required components from the list to sync.

Thanks,

padman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For importing and using a DC following are the prime steps

1. Import the dc.

2. Sychronise with existing DC's

3. In permissions, give permission for the component that wants to use it.

4. In the component using it, add the imported DC in dependency.

For furthur step by step procedure you can refer to this blog

/people/srinivasan.subbiah/blog/2008/03/21/team-oriented-development-without-remote-nwdi-in-ce-71

Regards,

Srinivasan Subbiah