cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL database issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I am putting this question in XI area because I am sure many of you guys will be using BAPI's from XI side and so are familiar with the problems that we are having.

We have an ERP server (ECC) and have created lots of database tables, functions, Abap programs etc., that works with our XI integration.

For some reason our ERP software is corrupted. However, the SQL database looks ok.

So here is what we want to do.

Since the SQL database is good, So we would like to backup the SQL database first.

We have a ghost image of the server that was done some 2 months back. So we would like to install the ghost image of the server from 2 months back. This will bring the server back to working condition but without data.

Then recover the SQL database which we backed up before installing the ghost.

By doing this, will we be able to get back all the tables, data elements, BAPIs, functions, ABAP programs etc.,

Please let us know.

I will really appreciate it.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

What do you mean by "corrupted" ? technically (db block error) or logically (customizing or workbench damaged) speaking ?

It would be hard to answer to such difficult question, but it does not look easy to handle ... Especially because SAP stores everything in its db (sources, data, custo, etc), so if you re-load/re-import/whatever your SQL content, you will get a chance to bring the issue back into the newly recreated instance

Otherwise, you can ask SAP for help, depending on your issue

Sorry for such generic (non) answer

Chris

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will not work..as the database tables have been updated with some changes in your frontend code..so as to speak..if thats changed then your db will be out of sync with your front end..and you are..in deeper this time.............

Might want to find and fix what the issue was that caused it...

Regards

Ravi Raman