cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Profit Centre does not exist"

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating a Sales Order I get the message that the "Profit Centre does not exist".

I am uncertain if the previous period has been closed properly

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alan Smith

Go to material master, select "Sales: General/Plant" view and see whether for that particular material Profit Center is maintained. If not, maintain it and retry to create sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for this.

I will only be able to test this tomorrow.

I will get back to you

Cheers

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , I still have the problem and think it involves the period close not being properly completed. How can I check the closing is correct.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi alan

To check the period closing t.code is MMRV

To close the period - MMPV

Regards

Srinath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alan Smith

If the problem still exists, then please go to KE53, give the respective profit center in which the material is assigned and enter.

There you can see the validity period for that profit center and I presume the validity period is ended before the sale order creation date. Check that.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

THank you for this - in fact the problem now appears to be around how some client copy activities are incorrect

Thank You

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give correct error message you received.

Also try the following:

To derive the correct profit center in the sales order, use transaction 0KEM (menu path Enterprise controlling>Profit center accounting>Assignments to profit centers>Sales orders>Sales order substitution>Define substitution rules) to substitute the profit center. Based on the customizing settings, the profit center substitution should derive the correct profit center, i.e., a 'Intercompany' profit center for the intercompany invoice and a 'customer' profit center for the customer invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you - I will try tomorrow