cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy error due to ICF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am calling a custom RFC inside Synchronous ABAP server proxy.The problem is that I am getting HTTP Response code not OK error in XI callAdapter Pipeline step when RFC is returning application error (Return type of RFC Message is E ).

Error: The termination type was: ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE

I found note 568528 which says

"TH_RES_FREE or ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE

either the application or the task handler has processed an error

message.Either the "E" message type was used in the application for the "MESSAGE" ABAP language element here or an action was executed in the application, which is not allowed within the framework ofthe ICF.Among other things, outputting a screen (for example,screen or list output) or eliminating the current mode using the"SUBMIT" ABAP language element, for example, are part of the actions".

What should be done to overcome this error?

Note: When i use XI RFC adapter directly to call the RFC, it is working fine and application error of RFC is getting populated in custom error structure perfectly.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudh..

Into your RFC, do you have an authoritycheck ?

Because that could explain the difference between your own RFC running and this one of XI: user are not the same.

Remind: authority check are based on user profiles. That could explain that an error message is generated by SAP in some cases, and not for another one.

Regards.

Mickael

Edited by: Mickael Huchet on Apr 14, 2008 1:18 PM

Answers (0)