cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated attributes in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I'm new in WebDynpro for Abap. Is it possible to declare a calculated attribute like in WebDynpro for Java? I can't find a attribute-property for doing that.

Is this concept not available in WDA?

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

What do u mean by calculated attribute ? U mean a variable.

Ran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in WD4Java you have the possibility to declare an attribute as "calculated". The framework generates then 2 methodes, a getter and a setter method, which the application developer can use to put in his coding.

A use case can be the following: You have a Inputfield with a simple value help (i.e. from the domain of the data element). The value you can see, after the selection is the key (of the key-value list). Now I want to show near the inputfield the value of the selected key. In this case I can declare (in WD4Java) a calculated attribute which i bind to a TextView element near the Input field. The getter methode of the attribute (implemented by the application developer) determines the value of the selected key.

If this wasn't clear enough, visit this [link|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/7f/a0384162316532e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm], where the concept of calculated attributes is described in detail.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Webdynpro for ABAP doesn't have such a option. But you can achieve that requirement using some other ways like OVS search help or using set/get attribute methods.

Thanks.