cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export To Excel from a VC Iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to Export the data to an Excel from a Table in a VC iView....I have created a Button on the Toolbar of table and added relavent code to do the exporting...But when i click on the button on iam getting the following error...

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : N/A

Component Name : N/A

iView not found: pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/platform_add_ons/com.sap.ip.bi/iviews/com.sap.ip.bi.bex.

Exception id: 04:23_14/04/08_0006_171933750

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

Do i have to change the Permissions for the above iview?

Any answers would be rewarded...

Thanks & Regards,

P.Navakanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

it has been some time ago you have posted this issue so I'm not sure if you still need a solution for this issue.

Anyway, I assume you have found the manual regarding the export to excel, csv and pdf for Visual Composer (https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/47fe4fef-0d01-0010-6f87-ed8ecb479123)

We also had issues with the export funcationality described in the document. I don't recall the exact error message.

Just some advice:

Copy the code from the document into Notepad. Then, make sure you re-arrange the code into 1 single line (remove all enters). Then, copy the code into the formula editor of the hyperlink action. Don't forget to define a store (e.g. reptname) but that is explained in the document as well.

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The problem here is when u r trying to export BI data through VC to Excel first thing mandatory is BI Java usage type should be installed.

In the above case the system is looking for BI Iview which is missing.

Solution: Change your formula by routing to the system which has BI Java usage type installed along with Portal.

Hope I answer your query.

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can't add code for SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer 7.0 models.

Which version of VC are you using?

Shay