cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Strategy is not picking up in the PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have defined a Release Strategy for the Purchase Order.

The Characteristics are

PO category

Pur Org

Total Net Order Value

All the lights are green which i check the release strategy.

But the Release Strategy is not picking when PO is created.

Kindly let me know what is the mistake i have dont or i need to make any corrections.

Thanks in advance

Renukaprasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renuka,

Kindly check on CL20N what the values are given.

Then Stimulate the release and see if it is working properly for that release code.

Create one PO with the values that u have given in the CL20N for that release code and check first

Check if the user is given authorizations for Release Statergy.

Is ur Release stratergy linked to HR?. then we have to go to PO13 and PA30 and do some reporting settings.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

There must be a unique characteristic ie define plant, purch. group, comapny code because without these data you can't create a PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if there are multiple strategies having the same combination of characteric values.

you can use cl30n to check teh no of strategies for any givem combination of characterictic values.

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The release strategy you defined will be applicable to the new purchase orders after defining the release strategy. It may not be applicable to the old purchase orders.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check that for how much value u have defined ur R.ST for ex if u have defined it for Rs50,000( fifty thousands) & if ur value in P.O is 70,000 then it will not trigger also check in ur classification for net value thaty if = equal sign is there before value in ur rel st classificatin then ur re;. st will be triggered only when the value in P.o is same as in classification pl check .

sap11

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have defined the Net Order value for an amount of < 10,000.00 USD and there is no = sign also.

Regards

Renukaprasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Waiting for the reply.

Thanks

Renukaprasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the PO category that you have maintained in classification?

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PO Category i maintained is "F" in Release Strategy.

Thanks

Renukaprasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renuka,

im using ECC6, my PO rel strategy dont have PO catergory,

but you can try this:

Maintained PO characteristics:

PO doc type

PO Plant

PO Pur Grp

PO total Value

Once your PO meet this, Rel Strategy triggres.

When you define the Rel Strategy, there is rel indicator Approved and Block, configure based on your requirement.

Hope this helps a little

Regards,

Maia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the Values you have defined under the Release characteristic Total net order value.

Go to Transaction CL24N to view all the assignments & value's to the Repease strategy.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are u defined rel indicator?

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes everything i have done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check given pur org same in both (given in PO and rel strategy-characterstic value) also check net value.

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yese , i checked i have given the same Pur Org as defined in the Characteristics.

Thanks

Renuka

Former Member
0 Kudos

no need to worry just go to ME22N i.e in the change mode , here u just change the qty of a line item & save it , now when u will go to ME29N then u will see that R,ST is triggered.

regards & reward pts for helpfull suggestion

sap11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have 4.6C version in that ME29N is not available, only ME28 is there.

Please advise

Thanks in advance

Renukaprasad.