cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to develop EJB in NWCE NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnd...

Any one tell me how to develop a EJB state less session bean using NECE NWDS(7.1) i cretaed this in NWDS 7.09 but i could not able do thsi CE version ...

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Development of EJB in NWDS CE 7.1(as it has two options EJB3.0 and supports EJB2.0 not EJB2.1) is very different from NWDI 7.0(EJB2.0 and EJB2.1)

First decide where you want to create EJB2.0 or EJB 3.0. as Entity beans are not available in EJB3.0.

p.s. You have to use JPA & JTA.

When you will create a EJB project automaticall you'll switch to J2ee perspective.

there manually create beans as

create new -> j2ee -> ejb3.0 or ejb 2.0--> session bean.

1. In the main bean file and directly create a new method there.(not like in NWDI7.0 add new EJB in EJB-Jar.xml)

2. In Outline view right click on each method and say add to remote & local interfaces as you wish.

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S. please be sure about version of EJB as for EJB3.0 EAR jee5 is needed and for EJB2.0 EAR 1.4 is needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

Thnak u...

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use as follows

1) File->New->Project

2) Expand EJB->EJB Project

3) Click Next

4) Project Facets Page -> Select the Version of EJb you want to create either 3.0 or 2.1

5)Next and Click Finish

Your Project will be created

6) Switch to the Java EE Perspective and

7) Select the project created

😎 Right and select New-> Enterprise bean

8)Select the ejb type you want to create.(Session Statefull/stateless, Message...)

complete this wizard.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI..

could u give the detailed informatiom when am doing as per ur specification itz automatically switchinf to JEE perspective n there am not able create a java files like in NWDS 2.09 n 7.0.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you are JEE perspective do as follows

7) Select the project created

😎 Rightc click and select New-> Enterprise bean

8)Select the ejb type you want to create.(Session Statefull/stateless, Message...)

complete this wizard.

Regards

ayyapparaj