cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ITS really integrated ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hllo

I installed new SAP System - ERP 4.7x200 and WAS 6.40 (SP9, 1000.6.40.9.0.20041119045253). J2EE part is running including portal, but I can not found any ITS component in the repository. For example I can not see any its related services in SCIF tree, there is no INTERNAL site in SE80 etc. What I am doing wrong ? Thanks for any hint

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to SDN .

Integrated ITS is part of WAS6.4 ABAP engine. ERP4.7 runs on WAS6.2. WAS6.4 is part of ECC5

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja

Thanks for your answer. I am still a bit confused what about product numbering. In the package 'Solution for SAP' SAP was shipping us MySAP Business Solution (aka ERP4.7) and NW04 SR1 with CD label 'Kernel 6.40'. That is what I installed. What WAS is running on my server now - 6.40, 6.20, nothing, ?

BTW I found an ITS 6.20 on the Components CD, can I install this ITS over my existing NW 04 SR1 installation or do I have to uninstall the NetWeaver Instance first?

Thanks for your help

Robert

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i know 4.7 runs on WAS6.2 and not sure whether you can just upgrade the kernel to 6.4 and that will enable integrated ITS.

Klaus can answer that better.

Regards

Raja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to sicf

find the ITS service under

sap/bc/gui/sap/its

activate the service and then u will get it in se80

regards

ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does not work, my problem is, that I have no sap/bc/gui service in SICF. It seems I have to install WAS 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

but installing webas 6.20 will not help you to get ITS.. cause integrated ITS is only available in WEBAS 6.40.

or you are planning to install a stand alone ITS server along with WEABS 6.20.

In that case why you need to uninstall WEBAS 6.40, let portal run on this.. and for ITS based services you can refer ITS 6.20 system..

please correct me, if i have assumed something here.

regards,

Sudhir

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you dont see this(sap/bc/gui ) it clearly means that you are not on WAS6.4 . check the following meu path

system->status->sapsystem data box componenet version click on the lense

you should see the following entries if they are on WAS6.4

SAP_BASIS 640

SAP_ABA 640

if you need the ITS features then you have to install the ITS 6.2 which you have

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm,

SAP_BASIS 6.20

SAP_ABA 6.20

means I have kernel 6.20. IMO SAP delivers incompatible set of products(i.e. CD's) in this solution package - ERP4.7 with kernel 6.20 and NetWeaver with kernel 6.40. If I start with ERP installation, I get 6.20 system. Now when I try to install ABAP system from NetWeaver CD the installation process complains about existing objects. Notice that J2EE installation including portal was OK in this scenario. When I start with NW installation, I get full running 6.40 system (ABAP+Java) but I can't load the business content because the Oracle Export belongs to 6.20.

Now I try to add ITS 6.20 to the current configuration (Kernel 6.20, Java 6.40).