cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common division....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I defiend 5 Divisions and 5 Distribution channels....

If i maintain common division and Common Distribution channel..and while creating sales order i enter common division and common distribution channel.....

which division and which distribution channel system will take.....who this process will do by the system...

Thanks in Advance

Regards

aLuckky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any one consultants on this task.......

Thanks in Advance..

Regards

Luckky

Former Member
0 Kudos

You did not read my earlier reply in detail. If you did, then you have the answer.

Lets repeat it again.

In your Distribution channel 10 & Division 00, you have customer records, material master records, pricing records.

Now your two more Dist. Channels Direct & Export also have to deal with same products, customers(same as Dist channel 10) and there is no difference in the customers details when they purchase through one or the other.

If you are creating customer, material records for Direct & Export Dist channel, once again, you would be creating a multiple of 3 views of customer master and material master records. Imagine time involved for data maintenance.

So, what you would be doing is create customer master records, material master records in one of the distribution channels i.e. 10. Then assign the other distribution channels i.e. Direct and Export as common distribution channels.

Similar is the case with Divisions.

You would be assigning common distribution channel & divisions only for Master data sharing.

If there is no sharing of Master data, then common distribution channel & division is not applicable to your case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arnold,

I don't think so...system will allow to do that...or else you can control that through roles/authorization objects

Regards,

N

Edited by: Nitesh Nagpal on Apr 15, 2008 10:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

iam having 2 DIS and 2 DIV.....say for example.Direct and Export.....

DIVs are....Desktop and LCD's...

I got a order form US....if i maintain Common Distribution channel.....and COmmon Division...

I entered sales org -1000

Distribution channel-10(COmmon)

Division-00(COmmon)

this customer is both in US and India......if i excute as a common dis...how the system will pick only Export(DIS)...and simillar to Div also.....

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Luckky

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, Lucky, what everyone is trying to say here, is you define just 1 of the 5 Dist Channels / Divisions as the common one.

Then you only create master records (Customer, for example) in that 1 Dist Chan / Division, and it will be valid for any sales area you use it in.Without this you would have to create a customer master for every possible combination.

Same for Materials, Price records, etc.

Make more sense ?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi lucky

As you have 5 dist channels & 5 divisions , so assuming that there is 1 sales orgn .

coming to your example ,

that means you are having 5 sales areas .

you will be creating Customer in 1 sales area in which you maintained common distribution chanels and common divisions and that customer is now available in all 5 sales areas

Now when you create sales order VA01, just give the sales document type OR , and dont give any sales area, so when you enter into the sales order screen , system will give all 5 sales areas as a popup. as per your requirement you can select as that customer is available in all 5 sales areas.

you need to do pricing procedure determination in OVKK for all these 5 sales areas

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now a customer is a Wholesaler and is maintained in dist channel 10 for a set of products ie for division 10 and he is also a retailer for same company maintained under Dist channel 20 and for a set of products ie for division 20 and the question where i have 5 more sales area in this company and when i maintain common distr channel and division for this customer will he be given acess to other sales area which is not allowed for him to buy under

At times i get confused with this consept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not you check and see the results yourself. For this

Go to VA01 - Enter order type OR (DON'T enter sales area info), click enter,

enter the customer number

click enter and see what sales area systems take automatically.

_Theory behind:_

A common distribution channel and division helps in sharing master data if you have product range that is not different or if there is no difference in the customers details when they purchase through one or the other.

Since you have 5 DC's & 5 Div's it would be big process to define a customer at all these sales areas and also for master data maintenance.

So the best option would be to create a common distribution channel and division to effectively share master data.

This common DC & DIV can be used as a reference DC and DIV for other DC'sand DIV's.

For common Distribution Channel - sharing of conditions, customer master and materials master is possible.

For common Division level, sharing of conditions and customers master only possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi lucky,

in the functionality of sales document(VOV8) if the field "item division" is checked the the system will take the division from the material master for that particular material.

else system will take the header division to all the materials irrespective of which divison that particular material belongs to.

Rgds,

Raj..