cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between StartTime and TimeSent

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an XML message that according to the XML monitor, the StartTime column displays 17:06:07.

The SOAP Header of the message has s <SAP:TimeSent> element that contains the value

<SAP:TimeSent>2008-04-11T14:06:07Z</SAP:TimeSent>

So it looks as if there is a three hour difference between the two values.

I thought that the StartTime column would indicate when the message was actually processed by the Adapter Engine, and that TimeSent element would be the time at which the message was received by the system. If this is the case, I cannot understand why there is a three hour time difference between these messages.

In fact, having just reviewed many different messages (both inbound and outbound), I can see that there is a consistent three hour difference between these values.

Can somebody confirm to me where these times are picked up from?

BR,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bdamian
Explorer

Little late, but I hope still useful:

1161389 - XI runtime: Different time stamps

bdamian
Explorer
0 Kudos

I just realized not everyone has access to OSS checking.

main stuff:

Symptom

You process XI messages and notice that the time stamps are different in the different views in the message monitor.

Other Terms

Time stamp, UTC, Universal Coordinated Time, CET, Central European Time, XI, SAP Exchange Infrastructure

Reason and Prerequisites

You are using the SAP Exchange Infrastructure and process messages. In the XI monitor, you notice that the messages have different time stamps in the message overview and in the message detail view.
There are time stamps with different abbreviations, for example:

• UTC (Universal Coordinated Time) example 2008-04-16T09:00:18Z
  • CET (Central European Time := UTC+1

In the XI monitor, the time stamps are used as follows:

• In the XI detail view, the XI message is displayed as SOAP XML. In general, the time stamps of the XI message are stored in the UTC format. In the main header, the send time in the tag <SAP:TimeSent> is stored and displayed using UTC time.
  • In the "Monitor for Processed XML Messages", the time is displayed in the time zone of the user who logged on. The time displayed may differ from the UTC time; for the time zone CET, there is a one-hour difference.
  • In the XI message trace, the system displays the time stamps in the UTC format; the time zone of the technical user that is used is also stored. This additional information is separated from the time stamp by only one blank space, and therefore, the time stamp is often interpreted incorrectly.
    For example: UTC time stamp with time zone CET
    <Trace level="1" type="Timestamp">2008-04-16T10:43:02Z CET
former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go through this link hope this link is useful to you..

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Did you post a reply to the wrong thread? The posting seems to be about a different problem!

BR,

Tony.