cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send text data between systems via file adapter without parsing the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to send a text file from one system to another using file adapters. The text file should not be parsed and just be sent as it is, or with minimal parsing. Basically a pick and drop

I am sure this feature will be supported in XI,perhaps more than one way,but not sure how it can be implemented.

In the sender file adapter i have set the message protocol as FILE(instead of FILE CONTENT CONVERSION) and created a message type having just 1 simple field of type string. Doesnt seem to work though as this still throws an error in mapping.

any help is highly appreciated

BTW> I dont know abap.

warm regards,

Shaji

Message was edited by: Shaji Bhaskaran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

You dont need a mapping for that, just pass this across the flow without a mapping

keep the msg types for all the interfaces same, so you dont need a mapping

hope it fixes your issue

Regards

Vishnu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry

..in service pack 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

would i be able to do the above without parsing the data to xml & using mapping program as in the earlier scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

btw if i wanted to maintain the filename in this pick and drop scenario how would i do it. I know about the getFileName bean module and its implementation, but how would i use it in the case where I am not parsing to xml.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem is solved fron SP14.There is a blog from Michal regarding the same.

But before SP14 , you need to do some work arounds.

1. You need to write module to get the file name.

2. store it in some node in input structure.

3. use variable substution in reciever adapter.

4. If you dont want file name in output file , use content conversion to cut the filename node/field.

But things are simpler from SP14. where you can have same name od sender and reciever file with some checking of boxes without parsing the message.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish & Vishnu,

It works!!

Thanks for the solution. Learnt something new today.

How can I award some points to you'll?

warm regards,

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you dont need a mapping for the same, if you want to use XI just as FTP server.

In Integration directory:

1. Configure you Communication channels.

2.While for reciever determination , you can use any business service and dummy interface for sender and reciever.

3.Message interface may not exist in Integration repository.

4.No need of using mapping program. it will work.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

satish