cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BC Vs SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently using SAP BC and planning to migrate to SAP XI. I need to prepare a presentation which should explain the disadvantages of SAP BC and how those issues can corrected or easily implemented using SAP XI. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raja..

this wud answer u....

this was an explanation given to me by sameer...(too good)...

SAP XI belongs to SAP Netweaver Technology, whereas BC is an Integration tool provided by Webmethods.

SAP XI is based on a model called "Hub & Spoke" and Business Connectors are "point to point". So by using XI, what happens is that you do not redesign Solutions once again.

With XI you save the entire integration knowledge of a collaborative process centrally in SAP XI: Objects at design time in the Integration Repository and objects at configuration time in the Integration Directory. In this way, SAP Exchange Infrastructure follows the principle of shared collaboration knowledge: You no longer need to search for information about a collaborative process in each of the systems involved, but can call this information centrally instead. This procedure considerably reduces the costs for the development and maintenance of the shared applications.

Also SAP XI comes with pre-configured solutions bundled along with it, so you can straight-away use the solution instead of redesigning.

Also i believe SAP XI is integrated as a required solution for some new mySAP solution like SRM, there are some scenarios within SRM requires SAP XI to be used and we cannot use BC's there.

But incase if you do not have multiple systems connected and communication is between just 2 systems, BC should be sufficient, instead of investing on XI.

But i guess slowly SAP will be stopping its support for BC, as SAP XI can do everything that BC does and even much more.

regards...

vishal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the white paper titled "Web Methods for SAP, Beyond SAP Business Connector 4.7" from Web Methods in the below link,

http://www1.webmethods.com/PDF/webMethods_for_SAP-wp.pdf

This paper provides details about the History of relationship between SAP and Web methods, migration issues and the future of SAP Business Connector when SAP is going ahead with SAP Exchange Infrastructure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Hope you are doing fine!! The PDF you mentioned here is not opening.Can you please send a valid link or may be another link that can point to something which will help me in the migration from SAP BC to SAP PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

SAP has announced XI as the replacement for BC. but not sure of such materials.

but check these links

Check this "How to" guide, for the required information

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

other How to guides,

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Regards

Vishnu