cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backend adapter (BAPI Wrapper)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i created a data object in the DOE called USER and set his direction proprety to "Download Only" with 2 BAPI Wrappers (GETLIST,GETDETAIL) to check if a simple scenario work and go on from there.

everything worked very well.

now i want to add a new BAPI Wrapper which is CHANGE.

for this to happen i need to change the direction propery in the data object to "BI-Direction" and add the new BAPI Wrapper to the backend adapter.

i can't figure out how to change the direction property to "BI-Direction" as the radio buttons are gray and can't be changed.

also the place where i put the BAPI Wrapper in the backend adapter is also gray and can't be changed .

my only option is to delete the data object,DM and rule (which in this case in the whole scenario) which i don't want to do.

is there a possible way to change the data object direction property in more easy way?

regards,

Roi Grosfeld

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roi Grosfeld,

Once the dataobject is created of particular type and with direction, you cannot change the dataobject's direction to bi-directional.

But I would suggest you another option:

Use the copy function and create a new dataobject in the DOE and now change the direction of the dataobject to bidirectional.

But this will only help you to keep the mappings, and you have to create a new DM and new rule for it.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roi,

Thats the expected behaviour. The reason is that, you have an active backend adapter, which is mapped for only getlist and getdetail (download only). If you are allowed to change the direction to bidirectional, then the backend adapter may not function well. Thats the reason why its disabled and you are not able to change the direction. If you want to do so, you can delete the backend adapter and then you will be able to change the direction of the Data Object. Then you just need to create the backend adapter again and do that mapping for all the BAPI's -- getlist, getdetail, create, delete(optional), modify(optional).

Hope this helps,

Regards,Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i thought that it will have a better solution then "you can't change it".

the overall change of all the objects is pretty annoying as you need to create the same objects all over again.

also you need to delete the rule from the MI administration.

regards,

Roi Grosfeld