cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGui 7.10 Patchlevel 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends, with creation one shortcuts over SAP Logon gets a customer the message that the Logon groups is missing and it will be reviewed whether the file exists saplogon.ini. Several users are concerned. In the trace file appears following error message: Reading from Playback file not possible and writing in response file not possible (position 1and 2 and 3). Can someone help me the problem to solve? Can this possibly to permission issues? Thank you in advance!!!

Friendly greetings

Christoph

Edited by: Christoph Zimmermann on Apr 14, 2008 9:25 AM

Edited by: Christoph Zimmermann on Apr 14, 2008 9:27 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo, the file sapshortcut.ini will be created. There is also entries available. It looks everything well.

It is interesting that evenly all customers of a municipality are concerned.

Edited by: Christoph Zimmermann on Apr 14, 2008 3:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergo, enclosed the assertion step by step. 1. call SAP Logon 2. select ikon "shortcuts". 3. Select "new item" (Customer enters here appropriate data) 4. Select "Log on".

On the display then the message appears: "an existing system description cannot be found in the list".

It is to be checked whether saplogon.ini the file existed and it is a system description in the list is selected.

Saplogon.ini however available and also “normal” announcing is functioned error free. Here only the "shortcuts" access is concerned. Message "Reading from Playback file not possible and writing in response file not possible " i see the message in the trace file. The OS is XP.

Thanks for the fast response

Christoph

Edited by: Christoph Zimmermann on Apr 14, 2008 11:48 AM

Edited by: Christoph Zimmermann on Apr 14, 2008 11:49 AM

Edited by: Christoph Zimmermann on Apr 14, 2008 11:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The users are able to see the systems in "systems" tab and can the manually create the enterys in it (User-defined button), can you login under user account and try to manually create the new entry in "systems"?

Also then you create the shortcut , SAPGUI creates the "sapshortcut.ini" file in "windows" folder... Are able the users to create this file ?

P.S. as i'm understand you say : "that the Logon groups is missing" --> it's means the SAPGUI can't read the data from saplogon.ini file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph Zimmermann. I'm really have not understood your explanation of a question.

Can you explain step by step ? You install the sapgui 710 or you implement the Patch ?

In what file you can see the "Reading from Playback file not possible and writing in response file not possible ".

The OS is XP or VISTA ? Saplogon.ini file are in the windows folder, and you must install and update the SAPGUI by Local Administrator account. Regards.