cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage models - Delete button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How can I activate the delete button under [Manage models|http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7305/managemodelsgo4.jpg]?

Thanks much,

Dharmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

it is not possible to delete development components in VC7.1 so the delete button is not activated,

see: [|]

However, it is possible to use the manage models menu to delete data services.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your reply. But probably you did not see the screenshot, I want the delete button to be activated for the Data Services any ideas on how to activate it?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Is the delete button not active when you highlight a a dataservice?

in the screenshot the SC is selected, which is why the Delete button is unavilable.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Omer Sharav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

Thank you for your reply.

Nope, it is not active. Hereby the [screenshot|http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3323/managemodels2ex7.jpg]

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

I should have spotted this earlier: currently it is not possible to delete from a shared repository.

Regards.

Omer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

Thank you for your quick response.

Can you tell me if it is possible to do it form the local development? And if yes, also let me know if it is possible (and how) to put the shared DC to local DC?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

I'm not sure about the version from which it is possible, but i think you can use the save as function to save a model (or Data service) in a shared repository to a local repository.

Regards.

Omer.

Edited by: Omer Sharav on Apr 16, 2008 3:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

Thank you very much for your reply, I am going to try that out. So it does mean that one can delete the data service from the local repository

Best regards,

Dharmi

Edited by: Dharmi Tanna on Apr 16, 2008 3:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can but it won't affect the data service that still remains in the shared repository.

The save as function only creates a copy of the data service in the local repository.

Regards.

Omer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

Thank you for your reply. Suppose after deleting the data service form the local repository, you add the DC back to the source control, does it not do Synchronization!

In which case it should also delete from the shared DC!

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

It is not currently possible to re-add a DC from the local repository to the shared repository.

I'm sorry i cannot provide a solution for this, I understand that in future releases there will be an option to delete from a DC from the shared repository.

Regards.

Omer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Omer,

Ok. Thank you.

Best regards,

Dharmi

Answers (0)