cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

matll transfer from qlty stock in one stor loc to unrestr stock in another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when I receive a material in one storage location , the material goes into quality stock.

When I transfer this material to another storage location it should not go to quality stock. Is this possible? If yes, please give me the steps involved. Your help will be rewarded.

Thanks and Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is possible. In transaction QA11, go to Inspection Lot Stock option. For stock posting option, you have storage location. Change the storage location to desired one & then post the stock.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case will the stock move to unrestricted use in the new storage location?

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. If you selected the transfer posting option as Unrestricted use & change the storage location, the material will move to unrestricted use in the changed storage location. The only prerequisite is that the material must have been extended to the changed storage location.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed the storage location in QA 11 (QAC2) but the stock is still going to quality stock in the new storage location. Where can I select the transfer posting option as Unrestricted use. Can you please give in detail?

Thanks and Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu Ram,

It csn be done in UD screen. If you are taking the usage decussion as Accepted and on next tab INSPECTION LOT STOCK , you have to select the desired storage location for unrestricted use stock. and then save the UD, the stock will get updated in unrestricted stock of selecteed storage location.It is very simple. revert back if not getting.

Regards,

Neeraj

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure why you used QCA2???? You don't need to use that to post the material to different storage location.

Just change the storage locaton manually on the the stock posting screen of the UD in the original inspection lot. Then post the material. It should be placed in unrestricted inventory of whatever storage location you have enterred.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all. Rewarded points

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Std SAP if respective inspection type ( say 01 or 04) the stock goes to QM stock.

By transfering this stock to some other SLOC, how it is possible to go to U/R stock.

Alternatively if you have not activated inspection type & you have chekd the box ":Post to Insp. stock "in material master, then it is possible to transfer with movement type 321 form the receiving SLOC to other SLOC from QM to U/R stoxck.

Regards

YMREDDY