cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - You may display spool list from your own jobs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have created a SAP_ALL Display role for our maintainence members and whenever they are trying to view the spool log in sm37 they are getting the Error - You may display spool list from your own jobs..

I have checked the following objects :S_SPO_ACT and S_SPO_DEV all those have full authorizations and regenerated and done a user compare and then checked ..getting the same error..

Could you pls provide your vauable suggestions..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check which authorization is failing using SU53, then ammend the role.

Regards

JUan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur quick reply..

I have already checked su53 and it showed s_btch_adm and it already had no 3 display but still the user is not able to get the display and when I give full authorization as field values its working fine..

Could you pls say me any additional field values that needs to be added..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whats the value of s_btch_adm been checked in SU53?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The value is 3...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

Normal users hardly need access to s_btch_adm with value *. I wonder if your security auditors would agree to it.

Also 3 is not a valid value for s_btch_adm. Either it can be Yor N. Y mean that the user is batch administrator while N means the user is not. Of course * encompasses all. Try first with N and see if the users are able to see the spool.

If not then do you have mutiple clients in your system? If so make sure users are trying to see the spool in the correct client i.e they are trying to check a spool generated in client X after logging into client X only.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Team,

In SU53 The Auth Object is S_BTCH_Job and its current value is 3 which is showing in su53 and giving the error .. but when I change the value to 8 everything is working fine but the user is able to do all the activities like edit,delete change etc..But my concern is the user should only be able to display the Spool log..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even for this authorization object 3 is not an accceptable value. For spool display he needs to have access to value <LIST>.

Did you check the documentation for authorization object? It gives details of all possible values. Please check it. It will help you. .

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked with all the possible values like <LIST> <PROT> etc but still the same problem..

Pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Also did you check my earlier query:

"If so make sure users are trying to see the spool in the correct client i.e they are trying to check a spool generated in client X after logging into client X only.

"

Also ask the users to check in SP01 if the spool requests that have been generated are under their user ids only !!

Regards.

Ruchit.