cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login in viasual admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am unable to login into SAP J2EE Visual admin.

Its thowing an error:

connection default http://<server name>:<port>/msgserver/text/logon returned empty list of connection parameters

The j2ee server is stopped due to license checked failure.

Actually i have SAP NW 6.0 (2004) with j2ee server version 640 and SP 9. I dont have ABAP stake.

But when I am restarting the SAP server its working for 20-30 mins. But i am unable to renew the license due to the above error in the Visual admin. So how can i resolve this problem?

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

First thing, your j2ee engine needs to be up. So, you need to connect to j2ee using Visual Admin while its up for 30 mins before it shuts down again.

Please open the dev_dispatcher file under the j2ee work directory and find out the p4 port.

for an instance no. 00 it will be 50004 (syntax 5<instance no>04)

Please create new connection in VA, choose dispatcher, enter the full host name and the port from dev_dispatcher file.

Then enter administrator user and password.

If it fails, could you please paste the entire exception ? The exception can be found when you click on the bottom right corner - a red exclamation sign.

Please paste the entire exception.

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Visual administration is a tool in web as java when we install enterprize portal java stage it will be installed

path will be usr/sap/sid/instance/j2ee/admin/go.bat if it is a abap+java

usr/sap/sid/j200/admin/go.bat if it is a java stand alone box with is we can create user, user login detail, parameters can be change etc

Regards

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. You can add new connection if default is empty -->

Press NEW --> select "DIRECT Connection To a dispatcher node" --> User name --> J2EE_ADMIN ;

Host --> "your server name" ; Port by default is 50004 ; Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo Beradze,

I have tried with creating new connections. But in ererycase its throwing the same error.

thanks

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide error by COPY-PASTE method , i'm do not understand in wich step you see the error -->

You create connection --> after press "connect" button , the VA ask you a password or not, ? Can you explain in more detail? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo Beradze,

Its asking the password for administartor, when I am clicking on "connection" in the visual admin.But after that its showing an error

unable to lookup connection default http://server:port/msgserver/text/logon returned empty list of connection parameters

Thanks

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you read what have I written above? When you create connection are you select -->

"DIRECT Connection To a dispatcher node" ?? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

Did you able to resolve the issue? We are getting the same error. Please let me know the solution.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i m facing the same problem..

i have follow your steps but i don't have administrator password...

can you tell me how to reset the password

please help...

thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your host name and the port number, you should use 'administrator' and its password to login,

You should mention your host name as localhost and the port number should be 5xx00.

Regards,

Vamshi.