cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i have designe one file receiver communication channel with content conversion(fieldFixedLengths) and it has length for 10 fileds.

now my problem is sometimes the data is coming only for 5 (supose that are at position1,3,5,7,9) fields now receiver communication channel is picking the legth for first five fileds .and its giving me error because the lenght is not same(that is correct)..

please suggest me any paramter in receiver communication channel for handling this.

Thanks

Kunaal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Make sure that all the fields are to be populated even the data is not coming into some of the fields in the mapping.

Make the target fields occurence is 1:1 and use the MapwithDefault standard function in the mapping.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Thanks,

Sekhar D

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

then...no parameter is present for handling my problem in receiver communication channel.I have to pass blank values in maaping .

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the proper content conversion (when using fixedFieldsLength) all the fields in the target structure must be populated.

For populating all the fields:

Check the source fields, is it empty?if yes, pass spaces to the target fields.

If not pass the value of the source field directly to the target field.

If the data coming in the target field is more than defined size, u have to use :

NameA.fixedLengthTooShortHandling = Cut

For more details refer this Link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/748d595dab6fb5e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Sandeep Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using fieldFixedLengths in receiver CC, then you will have to make sure that data is coming for every field.

In your case if no value is coming from source for some elements, then you will have to map it to 0000 say for integer field and white spaces for string fields..

This has to be handled in mapping.. as fieldFixedLengths expects each value to come