Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required MI Client for Windows mobile 6.0

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on MAM3.0 applictaion and is working fine on WM5.0.

We searched for MI client for WM6.0 finally one of our guys could create a CAB file where sp17 is the base and all the patches included upto SP21, but for some reason its failing due to which we need to place files manually, besides it does not extract and addons assigned to the device.

Can some body help us in finding the appropriate CAb file for WM6.0 or whre exactly can we download the SAP's official release of this CAB file.

Your help would be well appriciated and rewarded too.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai krishna. K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

SP 17 of MI Client does not support WM 6.0. SP21 onwards supports it (Please see the [PAM|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e09e2034-287f-2a10-278d-f5868dde1e65] . Hence kindly use the full cab file of SP 21 and install the same on the device. You can download the same from the following link.

http://service.sap.com/swdc

SAP Support Packages

Entry by Application Group

SAP NetWeaver

SAP NETWEAVER

SAP NETWEAVER 04

Entry by Component

MI Client

MI CLIENT 2.5

#OS independent

SAP MI 2.5 SP21 CLIENT

Best Regards

Sivakumar

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ShivaKumar,

Thanks for your Immediate reply, I found MI25SP21_0-10002889.ZIP SAP MI 2.5 SP21 in the path you specified, which is a Zip file which contains 2 zip files for AWT and JSP environments, I believe we need a CAB file to install client on PDA.

Can you clear me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Krishna. K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The file you have downloaded (zip file ) is the SP 21 patch. I am not referring to this. There is another file named NWMCLIENT21_0-10002889.SCA. Open this SCA file in a winzip / winrar utility and you will find the cab file in it.

Regards

Siva

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Kumar,

I have this file too which is 107 MB of size, with in this we have several files for AWT and JSP environments but all of them are SDA files, there are no cab files with in this.

Regards,

Sai krishna. K

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sai,

Open the NWMClient***.sca file that you have downloaded and with this file if you want MI PDA JSP Client open NWM_JSP_WINCE.sda. Within this there is another file named NWM_JSP_WINCE.zip. Open this and in here you find the MI25Tom.cab file

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konchada,

Before you waste any time on testing MAM3.0 with WM6.0 I would advise you to open a message to SAP to request confirmation that this is supported..

From what I know there are problems with rendering pages.

I have asked in amessage recently and got a response that it was not tested yet.

Nowhere in MAM documentation it is specified that it is supported, by the way.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa / Siva Kumar,

The MI client specified by Siva kumar worked fine for us installing DB2e9.1.2.

This client was as per the matrix in service market place, how ever we will raise a note to SAP for support information as per Larissa.

Thanks guys, this post helped us a lot in our project, good work.

Regards,

Sai krishna. k