cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCM knowledge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did any one of you work on RCM? If so, could you explain in brief how this is implemented in SD module

I came across a job position which says RCM knowledge is required.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Thanks for your updates.

As no one replied to my query for long time, I did my own research on RCM.

I am posting the notes. It may be useful to someone looking for an opportunity with RCM requirement.

RCM stands for "Reliability Centered Maintenance". It is a formal method to determine the maintenance requirements of an asset in its operating context. It is a proven methodology for developing effective maintenance strategies.

RCM stresses a proactive approach to maintenance. This method attempts to match the best maintenance practice to mitigate a potential failure relative to the importance of preventing that failure. RCM stresses the value of maintaining or preserving of a function as opposed to maintaining an asset.

RCM was first used in airline industry but since then it was used by other industries to

- Improve operational reliability

- Optimize equipment performance

- Make better design and life cycle decisions

- Control risk

RCM is used with SAP - EAM (Enterprise Asset Management)

SAP EAM focuses on the efficient execution of:

- Maintenance Planning & Scheduling

- Maintenance Work

- Spare Parts Management

- Maintenance History and Reporting

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kamesh

Not sure whether the details in the link is interested / helpful to you. Please check

[SAP Railcar Management|http://www.sap.info/public/INT/int/index/Category-28803c61b2496f2c9-int/-1/articlesVersions-514456afafe3e83e]

In fact, to be honest, after going thru your question only, I searched to know what is RCM and got the link. It seems from SD point of view, we need to capture freight and transportation charges.

Any other experts who dealt in this, may please explain this so that it will be very information for others too.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

May you please state what RCM stands for? IF its Record and Case Management then there is by far a lot of stuff that needs to be explained here.