Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross pollination restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Buddies,

can any one guide me how to restrict cross-pollination bugs in Role. For an example I restricted thr role for a particular Sales Area. while accessing the T-code IW33 it displays all the details irrespective of the restricted sales area. How to restrict that.

Regards,

Vasantha Kumar

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may be working as designed. You'll have to inspect the whole set of roles assigned to this user.

You cannot take away rights from a user by adding a role.

In fact, restricting is a wrong word here. You did not restrict the user for a particular sales area but granted access to this sales area. If the user has more roles with rights to other sales areas he/she will see all of those.

You'll have to take away all rights for sales areas you want to restrict. For this you'll have to change the already assigned roles or take them away from the user.

hth

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Small addition to Jurjens answer (to which I fully agree):

Iw33 is a PM transaction so it is verry obvious it has no relation to sales area and there is no object related that makes it possible to resticton sales area!

0 Kudos

> Iw33 is a PM transaction so it is verry obvious it has no relation to sales area and there is no object related that makes it possible to resticton sales area!

Ah! It was a trick question I didn't even consider the possibillity that checks were missing in the transaction/program.... Thanks for adding.