cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to start mi 7.1 client application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created MI 7.1 client application , deployed it locally to my mobile client and tested it . everything was fine ,but after deploying the application to the doe server ,assigning it to the device and download it successfully to the mi client , I don't know where to start the application , it does not have a link to the homepage or something like that .

When watching the mi client registry and the trace files I see that the application was installed successfully.

Please help me

Regards,

Oren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure that the sync user has the SAP DOE APP VISIBILITY Role assigned.

Your MCD ( Deployed SDA on MMW) shoule be part of a Role to which the sync user must be assigned to.

detailed explanation:

Default sap role for app visibility is SAP_DOE_ALL*

This role has access to all MCD's deployed on Server.

Hence, any user who has this role can view all apps assigned for his device.

I hope, this helps.

Rgds, Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Regards the first reply I have checked the box for showing the application on the mi client home page ,but from the documentation I understood that this checkbox is only valid when you deploy the application locally from the nwds.

I have found some differences between the two application deployments .

When I deploy the application from the nwds to mi MI client , it deploys the ear file and on the registry of the mi client I see the name of the ear file with out any extension for example "demo.sap.com/UserApp"

after uploading the generated sda to the DOE Server , assign it to the mobile device and download it . the sda is being downloaded to my Mi client and on the regsitry of the mi client I see the name of the sda with war extension for example "demo.sap.com/userApp.war"

here are the activities to upload my mobile application to the doe

1. go to the development component right click and then build

2. go to my worksapce -> LocalDevelopment -> DCs -> <Vendor Folder> -> <DC name> -> comp -> gen -> default -> deploy .

3. using transaction sdoe_upload_archive I upload the sda file from the location I have specifed on step 2.

I get a message that upload was ended successfully.

I am not using nwdi yet , maybe there is something wrong with the way I upload the mobile component to the doe

I didn't find any documentation for it

Regards,

Oren

0 Kudos

Hi,

After you uploaded the sda file did you change the status of application to tested successfully if not :

Go to the mobile component administration => choose your app and change it to tested successfully.

now assign this application to your device => sync and check again.

if you have done all the above then follow the below steps:

Please do the following steps: go the Netweaver Administrator Portal=> in that go to the device administration tab => choose your device then choose the mobile components tab. There scroll down to check the status of your mobile component.

if it says installed successfully => read the below lines.

else : there was an error try the below lines.

What happened?

Usually when you do a local deployment / then do a sda or server deployment the application is not able to show the link.

You can raise a oss call for this.

A workaround for this : right click on you application choose properties , in that you can change the version and upload your archive to the DOE again.

Now sync and you should see your application link.

Regards,

narayani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you have assigned the mobile components(App) to MI client, it would get dusplayed in the MI client itself (In home page).

Make sure that your users are downloded properly to DOE.Some times this happends.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while uploading the APP to the doe server - have you activated the check box to set the link on the MI home page... Not sure about the exact naming, but usually this is the case. Deploy the app again and check that you set the link correctly, then you should see it.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver