cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output language of SD documents according to Sales organization

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation where two companies use same partners. Trouble is that each company needs documents printed in own language. For example company 1 wants English language and company 2 Czech language.

Communication language of partner is on general data and can be only one. Now the language is set to English which means that for company 1 language is determined correctly. Same partner is open for company 2 but also with English language. If company 2 wants to print documents in different language, they must manually change language in output settings. Because users usually forget to change language, documents are printed in wrong language and they must repeat printing.

Is it possible with program to overwrite language in output settings ? I have in mind reading a table with fields Sales organization, Customer number, Language. Language would be read from this table and put in output.

What user-exit to use and what tables, fields to update ?

Thanks for help,

Roman J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Why can't we think about creating a new Z table with Company code and language, then put a validation on print function. So whenever the system finds the partner it should validate the company code too, the print the language according to the table. Please have a llok at this with your ABAP consultant.

Prase

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two output types - each sales org. has own.

In condition record for output type I don't have language entered. When output is determined language is taken from customer. And here I have problem - language is ok for one company but not for other. I would like also for other company automatically assign correct language. On customer master data language is common data for all sales organiizations.

Roman

0 Kudos

Dear Roman,

Can you first clarify whether you are using one output type or two for these two sales orgs ?

-Maverick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check output condition record settings?

What language did you indicate in this record?

The output is printing out in English for this partner because you must have indicated language as 'EN' here.