cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L account Error while creating Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I was creating the Sales Order with Item Category TAB (Orders in hand). Everything is fine but in the Incompletion Log I am getting error as "G/L Acount".

I have never found this type of error. I tried to figure out the Consumption account determination based on the Acct. Assignment Cat. as "E" in the schedule line categary of "CB". There also everything is fine with Valuation Group and Valuation Class of Material as "3100" etc.

I will be thankful and reward points if anybody helps me in resolving the issue.

Thanka in advance,

Jans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jans

i suppose you are doing an individual purchase order, which has item category group of BANC and item catergory TAB.

As it is an individual purchase order, you need a special stock .

so when you create a sales order VA01 , and try to save , system will show an incompletion log to assign a G/L account .

so go to -> item data -> account assignment - > click on settlement rule

in settlement rule , enter the G/L account (preferrablly a separate G/L account for revenues )

Now you save the order.

let me know the status

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thank you for your reply. I have given the G/L account No 415000 (External Procurement Cost) and saved the order. Even then it is showing the same incompletion log of "G/L Account". Of course I have done it in the VA02 mode.

One more question, I did not find this item category (TAB) assignment to any sales order. I mean to say to the item category group. My material is of tem category group "NORM" but I have given the item category "TAB" while creating the Sales Order. Please advice how to overcome this situation.

Thanks,

Jans

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jans

Try to give the ERL G/L account to in VA02.

Go to VKOA and there assign the KOFK condition type apart from KOFI condition type. to your G/L accounts , account key . etc

Its not compulsory that you should maintain item category group as BANC.

go to VOV4, and check i think there in manual item category , TAB is there

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srinath,

Thank you very much. My problem is solved. I have got one request. If you kindly give your mail I can discuss some more issues particularly "Consumption Account Determination".

I forgot the usage. Could you tell me where we give this "Usage" so that it can be used in the VOV4.

How to give points? I have just clicked the "Problem Solved".

Regards,

Jans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thank you once again. Please answer if possible. My phone is "6149374326" in USA.

Regards,

Jans

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jans

We can create and check the standard item usages using t.code ovvv.

Item usage determines the usage of the item category ,wheather it is for free goods , product selection etc

Reward if answer is useful

jans give ur mail id (preferably yahoo id ), i will mail you

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on Apr 13, 2008 10:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)