cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR STARTING NETWEAVER!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am Pradeep, having installed Netweaver in the system running with Windows 2003 Server. Once the system got hanged and there is no connectivity with the systems which are in LAN. When I tried to Logon to the SAP from different systems it is showing up only the status window but not the Login Page of SAP NW. It also got happened in the Main server where the SAP NW is installed. Immediately I got an idea and thought that to restart the SAP Server by shuting it down and restarting.

At this stage I tried to shutdown the SAP from the "SAP R3 Management Console". It has not got shutdown till 3 Hrs so I forcely restarted the Windows. After booting is complete, I tried to rstart the SAP NW from "SAP R3 Management Console" but the console is not showing any R3 instances. Here my SAP server name is "BIESGK".

So friends please tell me how can i get back to solve this problem as all the systems (two systems are connected to server) are connceted to this single SAP Server. Also can I retrieve my programs that I have done in this SAP server successfully?. Is it necessary to install the SAP NW software completely from begining?

Friends please help me in this regard.

Thanking You

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a system is "hanging" it´s always suggested to check the logfiles in the work directory.

Are you logged on as adm?

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

1. You Check the Hardware parts on that server

2 . if there is no problem in Hardware Part Check the o/s side using event log. and also check for possibility of virus. dont install anti virus in server.

3. Check the SAP Logs (Eg : D:\usr\sap\<sid>\<Instance number>\Work) and also check saposcol service and sap related services are started properly

4. If every thing working fine means try to add instance in the SAPMMC Console. for that try this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/2591f972634e86e10000000a422035/content.htm

Best of Luck

G.G.Karthickbabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

Let me know your system configuration stuff, and brief me about the problem...

Cheers,

Praveen