cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserve the stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When i save the order , say for example 100 boxes of ABCD with Batch 1000000345 , this 100 boxes need to be reserved for that particular order and system should not allow that quantity to be delivered to other customer. How to do that?

Thanks

Muneeswar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This normally happens in the standard SAP, if the TOR is activated at requirement class and also at Schedule line level. After saving the order the stock will be assigned to that sales order(not to the customer) and you can check the same in the Requirements List using Tcode MD04.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you can try to repeat the process, please keep these points in mind while doing,

1. Activate the Availability check and TOR at Schedule lines.

2. Before creating the first order, please check the ATP stock using Tcode CO09.

3. Create the first order, save it and then check the ATP stock(now it should be less by that order quantity, if not, please post the result in the reply)

4. You can also check the MD04 for viewing the requirements list.

5. Create the second order, save it and now look for the ATP stock.

6. Check the MD04 - requirements list.

7. Now Create the delivery as you are trying.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus..

Thanks srinath.. for the fast reply..

but..

If i create a blocking reason and assigh it to the order for which i want to reserve the stock .. then the system will block this order from not allowing to go for delivery... instead of other orders not getting this stock...

but my requirement is that the stock raised for one order must not be utilised by other orders in the the delivery/pgi. ( Explained in my previous message ).

Thanks & Regards,

Muneeshwar

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi muneshwar

We do blocking reasons in availability check configuration to allocate that material qty to that order only and it should not be utilised by other customers .

Blocking doesnt mean that order gets blocked , here blocking means that order qty is getting reserved for that customer only

I hope now you are clear

Reward if useful

Regards

Srianth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus..

Thnks Srinath for your reply..

but.. iam in front of my system doing that ..i defined reason for blocking as " Reserved Stock" and assigned it to the Delivery block in the sales order level.

Now the system is not allowing the order to be delivered. it is throwing a message " no schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date". and if i remove the block then system is allowing to go for delivery without any message.

pls do not forget to tell me how to reward points to you.. as iam new to this forum..

Thanks & Regards,

muneeshwar

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi muneshwar

As far as my knowledge goes this is the solution .

muneshwar , Plz check the schedule lines in the item data , i think the delivery date must be in future ,

but generally it does blocking as it should not allow the material qty

to be allocated to another user , that is why it gets blocked

Plz let me know the status

As far as rewarding the points towards the left side , you will be seeing 3 options , check any one , automatically , it will be rewarded

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus..

Thnks srinath..

Let me brief you what i did...

Sales & Distribution........Basic Functions......Availability check & Transfer of requirements....Transfer of requirements.....Block Quantity confirmation in Delivery Blocks.

I defined blocking reasons/ criteria for deliveries.

Thanks & Regards,

Muneeshwar

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi muneshwar

using Block transfer of requirements by delivery block, you can specify that certain delivery blocks in the sales document header also block the confirmation of order quantities.

If you enter such a delivery block in a sales order header, the system confirms the available quantity to show you the delivery options. If you save the document, however, the confirmed quantities are not saved. Your company could block confirmation for a customer if this customer's credit worthiness was questionable. The sales order in this case is not only classed as unconfirmed, it is also blocked for delivery.

Thus, no stock is reserved. The stock is still available for other customers. Although the order quantities are not confirmed, the system still transfers the requirements to material requirements planning. It is assumed that the delivery block will be removed at some point. The automatic transfer of requirements means that the order quantity can be confirmed at a later point in time.

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus...

*You asked me to do this...... pls read below..*

Hi muneshwar

As you want to block the stock for that customer , in the configuration of TOR & availability check , there is a step to configure where you can block the orders but that step is available while configuring the availability check . (. IMG ->sales and distribution ->basic functions-> avialability check->define blocking reasons , I think this is the place where you configure the blocking reasons as i am not in front of system i am unable to tell the exact navigation and t.code)but i think this should be the exact navigation in IMG if i am not wrong.

so when you create a order tht stock will be blocked for that customer only and if you want to change that ATP quantity to another customer then you can go for backorder processing (V_RA) there you change the confirmed qty of that order

Let me know the status

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

But....

In Availability check there is no provision to define blocking reason.....

but only in TOR it is available...

Could you relook into this..and provide solution

Thanks,

Muneeshwar

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi muneshwar

Both TOR and availability check are interlinked any way

But when i have given answer i was not in front of system . doing SAP

so i was not sure wheather it is in TOR configuration part or Availability check configuration part.

I suppose it should be in TOR configuration only

thanks for recorrecting me muneshwar

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus..

dont forget to provide me the answer...still it is not solved..

RECAP..

Hi Gurus,

Ravi & Srinath thanks..

I have done the settings as you mentioned ,but

Stock Over view ( MMBE) :Total 150 boxes of product A in st.loc fg01 .

I raised order , say N0. 1076 with quantity 100 Boxes

I raised order , say N0.1077 with quantity 50 boxes

Availability check was performed and system has confirmed the quantities as above for both the orders

Now i have gone to delivery and raised delivery for order N0. 1077 ( OR.N0.1076 --- 100 Boxes is still open).

but in the delivery i changed the quantity to 80 boxes instead of 50 as raised in the order N0. 1077 , but system is allowing to do PGI for order N0. 1077 with 80 boxes. ( This means order N0.1076 which contains 100 boxes is having deficit now).

Can i controll this that if i raise the oder with certain quantity and a particular batch then the system should not allow this quantity to be used by other order in the delivery/PGI irrespective of the customer .

Thanks & Regards,

Muneeshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus..

Could any one provide the list of t.codes to see the reports related toS.D.

Thanks,

Muneeshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Ravi & Srinath thanks..

I have done the settings as you mentioned ,but

Stock Over view ( MMBE) :Total 150 boxes of product A in st.loc fg01 .

I raised order , say N0. 1076 with quantity 100 Boxes

I raised order , say N0.1077 with quantity 50 boxes

Availability check was performed and system has confirmed the quantities as above for both the orders

Now i have gone to delivery and raised delivery for order N0. 1077 ( OR.N0.1076 --- 100 Boxes is still open).

but in the delivery i changed the quantity to 80 boxes instead of 50 as raised in the order N0. 1077 , but system is allowing to do PGI for order N0. 1077 with 80 boxes. ( This means order N0.1076 which contains 100 boxes is having deficit now).

Can i controll this that if i raise the oder with certain quantity and a particular batch then the system should not allow this quantity to be used by other order in the delivery/PGI irrespective of the customer .

Thanks & Regards,

Muneeshwar

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi muneshwar

As you want to block the stock for that customer , in the configuration of TOR & availability check , there is a step to configure where you can block the orders but that step is available while configuring the availability check . (. IMG ->sales and distribution ->basic functions-> avialability check->define blocking reasons , I think this is the place where you configure the blocking reasons as i am not in front of system i am unable to tell the exact navigation and t.code)but i think this should be the exact navigation in IMG if i am not wrong.

so when you create a order tht stock will be blocked for that customer only and if you want to change that ATP quantity to another customer then you can go for backorder processing (V_RA) there you change the confirmed qty of that order

Let me know the status

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on Apr 13, 2008 2:00 PM

Edited by: sri nath on Apr 13, 2008 2:05 PM

Edited by: sri nath on Apr 13, 2008 2:06 PM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi muneeshwar

Once you create a sales order with VA01 and enter a material with 100boxes then that material has to be allocated to that customer (sold to party) .

so for that you need to configure TOR & Availability check in

IMG->sales and distribution ->basic functions-> availabilitycheck

If your material has to work for an availability check maintain in MMR the following :

Availability check - 02 ( sales /general plant view)

MRP type - PD

If any stock is falling shortage of the requested quantity by the customer then that order will become a backorder.

Regards

Srinath