cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MDM can import all master data to SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is no a suitable BAPI for the specific master data in SAP,for example task list in PM.

Can MDM import the task list into system from legacy system ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM does not import the master data directly from SAP systems. Usually SAP systems produces an IDOC and sends it to XI which converts to XML and is sent to MDM. Then the MDM Import Manager takes the XML and brings it into the MDM repository. You could also use some of the other XI adapters to get data from a system to MDM.

If you don't use XI, the MDM Import Manager can import data from the following sources directly: MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, XML Schema, XML, ODBC data source, MS Excel, MS Access

Hope this helps,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's helpful for I am newbie.

But this doesn't solve my question.

There is data in my legacy system ,there is no suitable BAPI to import data to SAP system.So I wonder if MDM can do this? transfer data from legacy system to sap system?

If there is a IDoc for every master data ,I can using IDoc directly without MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. MDM can Import the master which are available in the following format XML,Access,Excel,ODBC,Oracle,Port and SQL Server.

So try to download the necessary information from ur Legacy system into anyone of the format listed above and proceed with SAP MDM.

Please feel free to revert to me for more clarifications.

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some master data there is a lot of relevanted tables in sap system .

If I make a xml file ,MDM can import the data into corresponding table in sap ?

For example there is task list PM (Logistic->Plant Maintanence->Preventive Maintanence->Work Scheduling->Task Lists).

If I have a xml or other format needed by MDM ,can MDM import the data into sap system ?

Mabye I didn't make myself clear. My question is that MDM know the relationship of table in sap system about a master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here we go, for example Once you upload the task list PM to Import Manager of SAP MDM, you have to apply the map to the loaded records, where the source fields will be mapped to the Destination fields.[By matching the Description of each field from source]

The destination fields available in the maps[lots of maps available in the repository] must compatible with SAP R/3 fields, so when we revert back the MDM data to SAP R/3 thru IDOC it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Please feel free to revert to me for further clarifications.

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

Based on your reply ,MDM knows how all master data stored in sap system ,which tables and the relationships between tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM knows all master in sap and how they stored in sap system .

Is it right Alexander ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got it. Thats right.

Note : Please do NOT forget to reward points on the forum.

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Few more to add

Currently SAP MDM5.5 handles Customer, Vendor, Material and Employee master records.

thanks

Alexander

Answers (0)