cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with synchronous message in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the following scenario involving XI 3.0 ( SP 12 )

XI has exposed a webservice ( WS provider ) and this webservice is being called from a web application. On receiving the webservice call, XI synchronously calls a RFC on the SAP backend and the response is mapped back as a webservice soap response to the calling web application.

Now, I see sometimes ( not always ) - the incoming message from the web application has a status in SXMB_MONI -

<b>Message scheduled (commit follows)</b>

with a green flag and this message is never processed - i.e The message comes into XI from the webservice call - but beyond this - there is no call to the RFC receiver adapter ( the receiver adapter- comm channel is ok as seen in the adapter monitoring )

Since synchronous messaging does not involve any queues ( I hope my understanding is right ), I am not sure why this occurs and what to do to push the message forward in this synchronous messaging scenario ??

Thank you in advance for your time .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm we have a slightly different version of that problem.

The message is wirtten into a queue, gets the green flag and the message is processed.

But the flag as well as the status stay...

Has anyone soem background information about how the queuing and scheduling and execution planning is done?

I have quite an idea about queue filters and how to set-up queues. But I have no idea how the synchronous stuff fits in and what this "Message scheduled (commit follows)" exactly means.

Cheers,

helge