cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ftp file adapter -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using FTP - file adpter receiver in which Data conncetion is is Active. When I ran scenario I got following error on FTP file adapter.

11.04.2008 16:11:53 Success Connect to FTP server "CorpFTP.UHC.COM", directory "/ftp/418p/put"

11.04.2008 16:11:54 Success Write to FTP server "CorpFTP.UHC.COM", directory "/ftp/418p/put", file "FREEMANF.U.200804111610.gsf.pgp"

11.04.2008 16:11:54 Success Transfer: "BIN" mode, size 368397 bytes, character encoding -

11.04.2008 16:11:56 Success Connect to FTP server "CorpFTP.UHC.COM", directory "/ftp/418p/put"

11.04.2008 16:11:56 Error Attempt to process file failed with java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

11.04.2008 16:11:56 Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Connection reset: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

11.04.2008 16:11:56 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: Connection reset

11.04.2008 16:11:56 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Connection reset: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset.

11.04.2008 16:11:56 Success The asynchronous message was successfully scheduled to be delivered at Fri Apr 11 16:16:56 CDT 2008.

11.04.2008 16:11:56 Success The message status set to WAIT.

I also tried with Passive Data Connection without any success. I got following error when I tried with passive data connection.

11.04.2008 16:02:23 Success Connect to FTP server "CorpFTP.UHC.COM", directory "/ftp/418p/put"

11.04.2008 16:02:23 Success Write to FTP server "CorpFTP.UHC.COM", directory "/ftp/418p/put", file "FREEMANF.U.200804111600.gsf.pgp"

11.04.2008 16:02:23 Success Transfer: "BIN" mode, size 368397 bytes, character encoding -

11.04.2008 16:02:23 Success Connect to FTP server "CorpFTP.UHC.COM", directory "/ftp/418p/put"

11.04.2008 16:02:24 Error Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 425 Can't open passive connection.

11.04.2008 16:02:24 Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Can't open passive connection.: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 425 Can't open passive connection.

11.04.2008 16:02:24 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: Can't open passive connection.

11.04.2008 16:02:24 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Can't open passive connection.: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 425 Can't open passive connection..

11.04.2008 16:02:24 Success The asynchronous message was successfully scheduled to be delivered at Fri Apr 11 16:07:24 CDT 2008.

11.04.2008 16:02:24 Success The message status set to WAIT.

I also tried ftp directly fron the XI server using command line and also using winftp utility. In both cases I was successful to ftp the file. The ftp server says we need to run in only active connection mode.

I wonder if any one experienced same problem and how was it resolved? I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Check the connection parameter in the File adapter along with the login id and password.

2) check in the FTP server, user SYSTEM has full access(read write)

try giving full access to user EVERYONE

nikhiL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems that it did connect - the log shows success in that step. Also seemed like it was good on the put.

So did the file make it there ?. You also said you simulated the same via an ftp on server's command line - using exactly the same userid, server details and directory. Perhaps check your Component Monitoring in the RWB and see if there is a RED light against the file adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh and one other thing. You should edit your post and REMOVE the name of your FTP server or make it something like XXXFTP.XXX.COM.....just in case a hacker sees it and solves your problem permanently !.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

Thank you for the response, I have already checked username and password & targer directory parameters you suggested, and tried with same parameters from command line using ftp on XI box successfully. After ftp, I have verified the ftp file is not 0 bytes and correct size. It fails via ftp file adapter. I have activated communication channel and made sure it is running from RWB.

There is no connection type parameter. However it has both data connection and connection mode parameters available. I am not sure which one are are you refering to? Please let me know if you have more suggestions.

Thank you,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paulie,

Thank you for the response, I have already checked all the parameters you suggested, and tried with same parameters from command line usinf ftp on XI box successfully. After ftp, I have verified the ftp file is not 0 bytes and correct size. It fails via ftp file adapter. I have activated communication channel and made sure it is running from RWB. Please let me know if you have more suggestions.

Thank you,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the note - SAP Note 821267-FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 File Adapter .check Q.26 and other relevant points.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

Thank you for the reposne. THe Q.26 is as follows.

Q: I have configured a File Adapter channel to connect to an FTP server, but receive one of the following error messages in the adapter monitor:

Error connecting to ftp server '<hostname>': SocketException: Connection reset

Error connecting to ftp server '<hostname>': SocketException: Connection refused

Error connecting to ftp server '<hostname>': ConnectException: Connection timed out

A: This problem is either caused by incorrect firewall / packet filter settings or an incorrect configuration of the FTP server. Also make sure that you have correctly specified the host name / IP address and port of the FTP server.

Changing the connection type from 'active' to 'passive' (or vice versa) might additionally help to work around the incorrect firewall configuration.

I was successful in transmitting file via ftp from XI box without any issues. If there are fire wall issues,command line ftp shall fail. I also verified that the file size is good after transmission. I have tried with both active and passive mode without any success.

By the way I have about 6 other ftp communication channels configured and working correctly from the XI box. Please let me know if you want me know.

Thank you,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check:

1) CHeck the connection parameter in the File adapter along with the login id and password.

2) check the directory path which u have specified properly or not.

3) Check u should have read and write access on folder.

4) check the firewall setting.

5) ping the FTP ip address from cmd and check the response.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

CHirag,

Thank you for the response, I have already checked all the parameters you suggested, and tried with same parameters from command line usinf ftp on XI box successfully. After ftp, I have verified the ftp file is not 0 bytes and correct size. It fails via ftp file adapter. I have activated communication channel and made sure it is running from RWB. Please let me know if you have more suggestions.

Thank you,

Balaji