Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding work flow in the organisation

former_member207019
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to SAP XI. I want to join as a SAP XI developer. So I want to know about the work flow in the organisation. Means who will raise issues and who will take care of it first. and how it will reach to SAP XI developer.

What are the human roles in the SAP XI Work flow in the organization and what are their responsibilities. Who will responsible to write the Java mapping coding or ABAP mapping coding or XSLT mapping coding.

Thank you

Edited by: jyotsna dm on Apr 12, 2008 6:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207019
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chirag,

As you told

XI Developers role and responsibilities are:

• Raise issue log for the business requirement which is not understood from functional spec.

How can i raise issue log for business requirement which is not understood from the functional spec?

• Prepare Technical Specification Document,

In the preparation of the technical specification document what should i suppose to give the details? Please if possible give me one simple example on this?

• Prepare the UTC

Here what is UTC? How to prepare it? Give me example?

Thank you for ur response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you pls tell me whats is ur experience in SAP?

• Raise issue log for the business requirement which is not understood from functional spec.

A) Issues comes like:

1) Source and target structure is not understood.

2) Error handling and validation is not understood properly.

3) Mapping sheet not provided with proper validation rules.

4) Test file is not provided

5) Server parameters is not provided for adapters.

and many more.

How can i raise issue log for business requirement which is not understood from the functional spec?

In the preparation of the technical specification document what should i suppose to give the details? Please if possible give me one simple example on this?

A) Technical specification will have below topics:

1) Process flow which u will be doing in XI.

2) WHich adapters are u going to use.

3) All the design objects details like data type message type etc.

4) ALl the configuration objects which u will be using like business system,channel details, receiver determiation etc.

• Prepare the UTC

Here what is UTC? How to prepare it? Give me example?

A) UTC is unit test document.

where u will be tesiting ur end to end scenario with the test data which is provided in the Functional spec.

U will test it with positive test cases data and put all the details like input and output after testing.

U will test it with negative dest data and show the result.s

chirag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In XI: It is separated in two parts

1) XI basis (Administration)

Activites are:

1) XI installation

2) Configuration activitie

3) Post installation checks

4) SLD configuration

5) Create Users,

6) Role assignments.

And many more

2) XI Implementation and development.

Under the development you have two parts Integration repository which is desing part which involves small amount of Java knowledge whenever your requirement is not fulfilled by standard SAP XI function.

and integration Configuration:

This is very simple stpes once your design is over.Based on your requirement you have to use the standard adapter provided by SAP for example if file is coming then u will go for File adapter,if IDOC is psoted to R3 then you go for IDOC adapter,communication with remote client u go for SOAP adapter.

XI Project lifecycle:

1) Blue printing phase (Design phase).

2) Build phase (Development)

3) Integration testing

4) Project go live

5) Support.

Now coming to ur question.

• Analysis of the Functional Specifications which is received from Function people.

• Understanding the processes related to the third party non SAP and SAP systems.

• Do the development: now developer has to do the coding which either involved java,XSLT,abap mapping.

• Prepare the UTC

• Reviewing Interface Technical Specifications and Unit Test Document, Interface build and Unit Test, Self and peer review of the deliverables, develop Interface Object via Design and Configuration.

• Project golive and give support and do bug fixing,change request n all.

hopw u got the prefect workflow.

chirag