cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need your help in deleting messages in XI.

I have gone through the program RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES program which is used to delete the messages in sxmxpmast table.

But i found many other dependencies in this program such as sxmxpmast, sxmsperror, sxmspvers, sxmsclup, sxmsclur, sxmsconfdf.

I just want to know if once this program is executed, is it that the entries in all the tables will be deleted or only in the sxmxpmast.

Is there any other way to delete the messages?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Go to SE38 transaction, enter RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES as program

If all the tables are used in this program then i will be affected. See the code of this program and u can see where all tables are used.

name.

refer the below link:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Apr 12, 2008 10:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah i have debugged the program, but the thing is it is deleting the messages in only PMAST table.

Is there anyother way...i mean any other program or a function module where if i run the entries in all the tables will be deleted?

or should i write a new program using joins?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cannot just delete entries from the MAST table. The data entries in XI persistency tables are depending on each other ! That is why the report shows so many dependencies in the code. Using the report makes sure that you dont lose the integrity of msg data in XI. If you hack some code by yourself then you will ignore the dependencies, then delete what you like and you gonna spoil a lot.

You should ask yourself what you are heading for ? What do you want to achieve ? Don't just go for a hack ! You are going to hurt your system severely !

And why is the functionality offered by the report not sufficient ?

Best wishes,

Peter

Edited by: Peter Surma on Apr 16, 2008 4:18 PM

Edited by: Peter Surma on Apr 16, 2008 4:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with this SAP Note

REgards

Seshagiri