cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add/update/delete route and route determination from a non-SAP app?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a non-SAP application that is a route code change control system. Once the change to a route code is approved, my application needs to update corresponding tables, including route stage tables, in ECC 6.0 synchronously. Please advice what options do i have? Will award points for response.

Thanks,

-lily

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lily - since route mapping is a IMG activity, this is done manaully in the development system (golden client) and then transported to quality / test systems and then to production system.

since you are doing this in a 3 rd paryt system, you need to first bring the data to the golden client as a flat file and then write abap code which would extract the data and update the IMG - I am not sure if this is possible as I have never tried to do a BDC for IMG - you need to sit with your abapper to see if a BDC can be develeoped or if a BAPI exists

in case you do succeed in this, let the forum users know please.

cheers

nandu

Edited by: Nanda Kumar Veeraraghavan on Apr 13, 2008 9:37 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandu,

Thanks for your response, but this is not IMG. The 3rd party tool will only need to change some route code data in production system, such as transit duration for a particular route code.

-lily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lily

Can yu let me know the T Code where you will update in R3 for this? to my knowledge, all route updates are in IMG - so if you let me know the path / t code for modificatiosn , I would like to verify this out

cheers

nandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

0VTC and 0VRF. I'm looking for BAPI and/or RFC in ECC 6.0 for these 2 transactions, no luck so far. Please advice if you know them. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lily

I tried to create a BDC for both tables - this can be done - please work with your abbaper for this.

Steps

1) receive data in flat file to your SAP system

2) use the flat file to update data in your system thru a custom program developed for the BDC recorded.

cheers

nandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. I'm looking for synchronous solution. In other words, my non-SAP app will get success or failed acknowledge when sending a update/delete requests to ECC. Please advice.

Thanks,

-lily