cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Invoice from Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I have to create Invoice against the Sales Order. I do not want the delivery document. I just want to save the Sales Order and raise the Invoice against the Sales Order. What are the necessary configuration steps to achieve this?

I really appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1) order related is useful for service items and since you dont need a delivery, in mat master sales org 2, maintain the item cat group as LEIS.

2) Check the item category on the sales order.

3) Go to VOV7 item cat settings. for the field billing relevance select B- Order related Billing.

4) Maintain Order related billing type document at VOV8.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guyz for all the replies. The actual scenario is we are implementing HR module at our client's place.

As an SD Consultant, I have to raise Invoice to the Vendor for no. of hours the employee worked. To raise the Invoice, I suggested to create a Sales Order and raise Invoice against it. So in the Sales Order, I need only field like Customer number and five other fields. So I am thinking to have a Ztransaction code for creating a SO with the only field I require for this client's situation.

If in case, I am trying to create a Ztransaction, what are the requirements that I have to speak to ABAPer and how should I give the Tables and other info to the ABAPer ?

Thanks so much for the quick replies....

Rajesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh

Go to VTFA, select your order type and billing type and select your item category. There you need to maintain copy controls for your item category so that you can raise invoice against sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

mandar_shete
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VOV8 set the Billing relevance data for the Sales Order Type. You can take a look in order type like CR/DR.

In VOV7 set the Billing relevance data for Sales Order line item category. You can take a look in item cat. like TAN.

Thanks,

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Order Related billing is when we bill directly as per the order no delivery needed or involved

Eg; Service's items here there is no delivery involved hence

after order directly billing is done

In order related billing, the Invoice will be generated with reference to the order. Example... For service relevent scenario we will be doing the order related billing because there is no physical goods movement happens. (doing some repair).

Try with below :

In vov7 for the item cat---billng relevance maintain order related billing. In vovg against the order type mention the order related billing type. Maintain the copy controls.

Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no setting required for this scenario, you have to maintain item category as service with out delivery (LIES) in material sales org 2 view so that will go driectly from sales order to billing

This type of scenario is used that u have to charge the customer for some thing but u dont want to send any physical inventory to the customer

Reward if this helps

Thanks