cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Integration with HR data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN community,

Our company is struggling right now, because we are not coming up with very good options for an SRM implementation.

I have tried to read some of the posts regarding SRM and OM integration, but I have zero experience with SRM.

I understand that SAP offers a number of ways for an HR system to mirror data either through ALE or other methods to a stand-alone SRM system.

We currently have a full OM implementation in our HR system, of org units, positions, and employees. The SRM team is struggling though because we have a very global and functional org structure, meaning for an org unit like IT operations, we have positions from 5 different countries. Because of this, HR does not maintain company code at the organizational unit. We only maintain the company code at the position level in HRP1008.

Also, from my understanding when an organizational unit in SRM is linked to a company code it does it in a completely separate infotype (not hrp1008), but an infotype called 'function'. This infotype does not even appear to be available in our HR system, which does not have SRM installed.

Also, we do not have a single purchasing organization, so the desire is to have purchasers across our organization and for the approval process to follow the HR line manager hierachy and not a separate standalone Org maintained to support purchasing.

So based on this information, can someone please provide a functional description of how a standalone ECC 6.0 system with only HR, would integrate OM data to a separate system with SRM installed?

How would this integration overcome the problem of the HR system not having the SRM OM infotypes?

How would we overcome the problem of the HR Org structure not representing a company code structure, since company codes are more granular for us at the position level?

Please direct me to any relevant documentation, as I am not finding it easy to get these questions answered on my own.

Thank You,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

note 934372 will be good start for resolving your problems.

Gordan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

In our company we have implemented classic scenario (SRM 5.5). We are also using the organizational structure, which is transported and updated from HR system. This transportation is done with ALE distribution model (detailed information about this can be received from BASIS consultant).

In my opinion it is not necessary company code, purchasing group and purchasing organizations to be maintained in Hr structure. Once the structure is transported in SRM, you can maintain them in SRM.

I will try briefly to summaries you the integration process.

I presume that you have already establish the RFC connections between the two systems (SRM and HR), you have maintained all integration switches in both systems, and you have maintained BP number ranges for the position assignment and organizational units (in this case the number range is external for SRM and it has to be the same as in HR system).

It is very important, to maintain the address data (such as country, city and post code) of the organizational units, before transportation of the structure from the HR system to SRM.

Relationships between Business Partner numbers of employees and org units and Central Person numbers have to be checked in transaction "Users_Gen". No errors should exist in this report.

Once the structure is transported, you have to assign the company code, purchasing organization and purchasing groups in SRM.

We are using two company codes and two purchasing organization. We have made a special development which is mapping the purchasing groups to the different Purchasing organizations (all purchasing groups are assigned to one central Purchasing organization, and after that a mapping is done in a separate table to the other Purchasing organization).

I have created manually organizational units, which represents the company code, purchasing organization and purchasing groups.

If you do so, you have to assign their functions (company, purchasing group or purchasing organization), in the FUNCTION TAB in transaction PPOMA_BBP and the responsibility of each purchasing group in the responsibility tab.

Please have in mind that the persons responsible for maintaining the organizational structure in HR system, have to be notified that you are using manually created organizational units. If the update of the SRM structure is set to be automatically from the HR structure, your units can be deleted.

After that you should maintain the attributes at organizational unit or at position level for the different users.

For example, I have maintained company code at a position level because, in one department, representing one org unit, I have users creating shopping carts for different company codes.

Hope it is clearer for you now!

Desi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luca,

thank you for your response :).

And based on your post in this thread:

[;

The additional information for using ALE integration and for using report RHALEINI can be found on help.sap.com by searching for:

Distributing the HR-ORG Model

The help also references all the relevant notes. However, as you know this does not solve our problem, since our HR data maintains company code at the position level, reflecting our HR structure in the target system (SRM) would not have the appropriate data at the Org unit level for the company code.

However, maybe we can look at using customer exit & custom eval paths on the report RHALEINI to manipulate the HR data in the appropriate manner before it is reflected in SRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

>>>..... would not have the appropriate data at the Org unit level for the company code.

Can you please provide an example of "appropriate data" ?

Do you maintain the "appropriate data" in HR system ?

-Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michel

To my unerstanding issues you face are:

The structure maintaned in HR does not reflect what SRM would expect. People belonging to one legal entity are not groupe below a organizational unit and sub-units, but are spread across the whole organizational plan.

The problem you're facing with this:

- You can't assign the attributes (company code {multiple codes, in case the users can do cross company buying}, backend references, cost centers, catalog references, bill-to address, ...) on a reasonable high level in the org structure. So you would have to maintain them on position level, which is not very efficient and also not recommended by SAP.

Had anyone before the issue, that HR did reflect the organization more on a reporting structure than on legal entities? I think this is more of a problem faced in international holding companies than for national companies.

The purchasing organization is less of a problem. There is a new relationship available to link in positions from the organsational structure to the purchasing organization. So there is no need anymore to have them assigned in the central purchasing org.

Best Regards,

Luca

Edited by: Luca De Blasio on Apr 16, 2008 12:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your questions are valid. I can understand that you are trying to maintain HR data (Org, Position, Person etc) and procurement data ( Company code, Purchasing org etc) in the HR system.

Based on my experience ( I have noticed that procurement data also can be maintained in HR system, I have never done it....some of them are saying it is standard or some of them are saying you have to customize for it...may be someone who has done the replication of the procurement data will reply to this message) if you do the HR data (O,S etc) replication only, you will not face any problem.

I hope that someone who has done the "procurement data" (Company code, Purchasing org etc) from the HR system will reply and update us.

I have not resolved your problem. But I hope that it will help you

Thanks

Pranav

Edited by: Pranav on Apr 14, 2008 5:38 PM