cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

date of last sale for a Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is there a place where SAP stores date of Last Sale for a Material ? I am looking for an info structure, where SAP stores date of Last sale for each material and keeps on updating that, for each transaction.

I know that I could get it from VBAK, or VAPMA (If I need to get it plant wise), but to read all the orders, and find one with the highest AUDAT is giving very poor performance. Select MAX and for all entries dont work together.. so system is dying doing this select..

Is there a straight forward way of doing it ?

S032-LETZTABG gives date of Last Issue, but we have stock transfers, intercompany...and so many other stuffs.. so an issue may not necessary be a sale. So that also dont help..

appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sujamol

I think as you are looking for the last date of sales of material then you need to look at VBRK not at VBAK

I think you can get a way from VBRK - VRPMA

But through WERKS i think its not possible as far as my knowledge goes , we need to work more and on tables then

But as you are generating a new info structure, you need to see the feild only at the Billing date (key figures and characterstics)

Hope it will help you ,

pls let me know the status

Regards

Srinath

Edited by: sri nath on Apr 11, 2008 9:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinath,

VAPMA or VRPMA --- either stores all transaction document numbers -- VAPMA stores orders, and VRPMA stores Billing docs.

Hence reading from these tables to get date of last sale is bringing the system down...

What am wondering is whether there is a table at more master data level, say, at Material and plant level, and just store the date of latest sale against Material.

I prefer VAPMA over VRPMA for 2 reasons.

1. I need the result in a plant level.. VRPMA dont have WERKS whereas VAPMA do.

2. I need to grab even the latest sales order created - Even though it is not yet delivered/invoiced... VRPMA will have it only after billing..

Looks like, SAP is not storing date of last sale anywhere.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI sujamol

I think yes as you said the last sale of material thats the reason i redirected you to VBRK- VRPMA. I know that at billing level plant is not there .

But i think we can some where link MARA-MATNO or MVKE-MATNO tables as that is the only solution i am finding as we have to look into plant level .But for this you need to add a feild last date of issue . I think then only it will help and that to some extent

But as far as the requirement goes we need to add a new feild , if previous one also doesnt work

Plz tell me how you have done if you got the answer sujamol

Reward if these inputs are useful

Regards

Srinath